Physiotherapist /chiropractor

DavieB

• 2023 Subscriptions

Davie.

I have done both with the hip issue over the past 2 years. I think you have similar issue to me judging by your status at my house last Sat after bogs bunch. Physio in Elderslie can see you evenings etc. Gemma Fallon 07736 035637 or 01505 351298. I could show you what she recommended for me as I still have to do it every morning and night. More than happy to do so, you'd need to visit for demo! I purchased a felt roller and tennis ball, its amazing what you can do with these two items !

Chiro - I went for 5 sessions a month ago, this after 5 sessions 5 years ago. Basically my spine gets misaligned and manifests as sciatic nerve pain in hip and thigh. This is a very personal thing but I reckon chiro adjustment ( thats what they call it) makes a big difference. Last two weeks I have done bogs bunch with only discomfort for last 10 miles as opposed to almost having to stop nerve pain 8 weeks ago. It does take time and you do need patience in my experience. It will cost about £150. Worth every penny if cycling is your passion. Anyway, Paisley chiropractor centre on glasgow road, lady called Taneil.

I wrote all this as I know how painful it is, worst for me was it was actually more painful sitting doing nothing or even lying in bed and it was my first conscious thought every day as It was always painful when I woke up. So there was no escape.

Ohyadancer!

The foam roller & tennis ball sessions are excruciating. I could only endure about 3 mins of each.

If you can't get an appointment with Paul's lady try paisley natural therapy centre.

Vadim is the chap's name.

Davie,

Alison Montgomery based in Saltcoats is pretty good. Knows her stuff for sure. She understands sports people. Wife of Ray Montgomery of Kilmarnock FC fame, who incidentally picked up the bike after his footballing days. I don't have her number but should be in the yellow pages.

M

Thanks guys ..will explore some of these. Believe my issue is related to my neck as I have for years periodically had trouble with a trapped nerve the big difference this time is it is not going away and is manifesting in issues all down my side, hip is really bad when out on the winter bike the last 2 weeks.

Paul I may give you a shout regards the exercises.

Cheers,

Davie