Road Race 28

Guest EPCC

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Billy, I'm not riding down but I can give you a lift, if you like.

Looks a bit showery so you might have to take a change of scants.

So whose on my lead out train? :)

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Was hoping to check the course out this week but have been off the bike with sore knees.

I'm sure I've ridden bits of it but can anyone tell me what the surface is like & if it's best not to ride my good wheels?

Guest HughMcGrade

I'm having some trouble setting up my gears for tomorrow. In the past I've just turned the limiter screw and that has blocked the two smallest sprockets but I had my rear mech fixed during the week and now I've got the limiter screw in as far as it will go and it's only blocking the smallest sprocket. Any ideas?

Cracking course rubbish weather for two laps best I have felt for ages

The race started at a reasonable pace and a break if three went up the road felt very comfy for three laps

The last lap a few digs went in in the hills then a slow down wich was a bit of a pain on the last lap and drag to finish lost the wheel and finished about 10 secs off the bunch claiming a bunch finish

Hugh and Colin were just in front of me so not too bad a day

Have to be reasonably happy with performance today Felt v comfortable for two laps but then there was a split in the bunch going over a climb and about 8 were going away I found myself chasing with a guy from couriers who made me do the work to get us back on. This closed the gap and brought the main bunch together again for the third lap I was getting tailed off on lap 3 and realised that the previous effort was taking its toll. However managed to get back on. Should have tried to move up but was wary as it was all going a bit awry at this point so just sat in Come the final climb there came another acceleration and a few went away I was ok but lost the wheel coming into the final so finished 30 s down. After all the good work a hard one to take. Well done to coach Billy - great to see you racing again and young Hugh doing well again !

George

As far as I am concerned if I can still see them I finished with them

To be fair legs chucked it on the drag to finish bit of muscle spasms my own fault never drank more than a mouthful will learn one day

Get an entry in for A77 it's flat

Guest HughMcGrade

Quite a good race yesterday though I didn't really enjoy racing in the rain for the first couple of laps. I learnt a lesson about taking shelter - for the second half of the last lap I was at the front or very close to the front and felt fine, but was doing quite a bit of work. When someone eventually went to attack on the drag up to the finish, my legs lasted about 5 seconds then I just felt like I was going backwards. I'd say Billy's was a main bunch finish. The time probably just make it sound like he was further behind because he was slower after being dropped at the very end.

Guest Georgio McFlanderio

OK. My best 10 this year is 23:50 so I'll just shave 19 seconds off & call it 23:31.

I finish 4 mins behind bogs bunch on Georgetown but I can see them so they haven't really dropped me.

Not a main bunch finish. Close but no cigar, etc :)

You know the worst of it George the parcours would have suited you closest I have been to the bunch

Bogs on Tuesday and a bit more focused HIgh intensity training to get my legs to take the strain

Bit late in the year but better late than never

Guest Georgio McFlanderio

There isn't a parcours known to man that suits me.

Maybe straight downhill so that gravity prevails :)

Knees still gubbed :(