30 milers 21/07/13

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Anyone fancy Largs via Kilbirnie on Sunday? We can either hit Clunie on the way back or take the longer route through Bishopton.

• 2023 Subscriptions

The more the merrier. Clubhouse in Miller St. for 09.00.

Unlucky with the chain, hope nothing else got damaged.

Guest john_s

General opinion seems to be to avoid going up the HB so just make sure you have enough brake blocks to get down it safely!!!! I'm off to check a very squeaky back brake.

For those concerned about the heat, enough fluids and a suitable top should see you ok. We'll feel cooler on the move.

I'm whiter than a white thing and not suited to the heat but I've survived Italy, Mallorca, the Alps and Pyrenees so we should be enjoying the sun while we can!! :)

I'd love to go up HB but majority rules :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

I think full water bottles and sun cream will be in order. We know that the guys at BB do refills too, so we will need to take advantage of that.

• 2023 Subscriptions

13 set off and we were joined by Jack in Kilbirnie, making 14. We split into 2 groups 'cos the roads were a bit busy and we were strung out a bit more than is ideal. Jack picked up a huge puncture in Largs and had to bail out. The return trip was through Brisbane glen which got us out of the traffic but was quite hilly, back into Greenock then over to Kilmacolm (avoiding clunie:-mistake ;-) )and cycle track home. Managed to keep tight once we were into Greenock but the hills through Brisbane got us really strung out.

I recorded 50.6 miles for the day, and it didn't get too warm.Thanks everyone for taking part.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out today!

Was a good ride up until that point.

I owe a couple of tyre patches or pints - whichever is preferred.

I'm doing the five ferries with GMBC next Sunday so won't make it out.

But i'll be out in 2 weeks if I remember to get my membership paid in time.

• Administrators

13 set off and we were joined by Jack in Kilbirnie, making 14. We split into 2 groups 'cos the roads were a bit busy and we were strung out a bit more than is ideal. Jack picked up a huge puncture in Largs and had to bail out. The return trip was through Brisbane glen which got us out of the traffic but was quite hilly, back into Greenock then over to Kilmacolm (avoiding clunie:-mistake ;-) )and cycle track home. Managed to keep tight once we were into Greenock but the hills through Brisbane got us really strung out.

I recorded 50.6 miles for the day, and it didn't get too warm.Thanks everyone for taking part.

Do you have a garmin, strava, edomondo etc of the route you took?