9th JUNE Sunday Club Run - Dunoon

chung

• Life Members

Just to echo Marks comment regarding today's run, brilliant indeed!

Mark, you forgot to count yourself! There was actually 9 of us - Alan Fox, Iain Mcginty, Campbell, Colin, Hugh, Andrew, Paul C, Mark & myself. ;-)

Went on a wee detour up the Hell's Glen after The Rest, first time ever for me and lovely view over looking the Loch in great weather!

Thanks to everyone for he wheels to follow, and particularly Mark & Hugh for nursing me back to Glasgow after feeling really lousy after the ferry! I'm not sure if it was a bit of sun stroke or what? One minute I was feeling shivers & the next hot flushes and feeling sick, quite weird - never felt that before!

Anyway, 120 miles for me when I got home! Legs fine, feeling sh**y though but utterly brilliant run today!

More good weather please!

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alright chaps, sorry for the delay!

I skived off work & was out today on a run with Bill T over the "Top of the World", too good a weather to waste sitting in an office! ;-)

Anyway, since Option 2 seems to be the preferred choice, we'll go with that then if that's ok with everyone (sorry Alan F.).

Sorry Big Al, we can definetly do your alternative suggestion on another day, how's that?

So, 8.30am clubroom depart for those starting from Johnstone. I'll be more than likely to pick you guys up at end of Georgetown Road (Inchinnon end) if I'm not at the clubroom.

Al, I take it you'll meet us at the bridge - North side around 9.10am? Before you start, yes we'll make sure we wait for you this time of course!

Now that route is establish, and weather to be still good on Sunday, then let's be having you! Don't be shy now.

Looking forward to seeing all you guys who can make it out on Sunday!

Cheers

Chung

chung

where is the top of the world run?

as I am working this weekend, very envious

duncan

• Life Members

Hi Duncan,

The "Top of the World" I think (as far as I know) is the stretch of the road between Fintry to Kippen - B822?

It's a gentle climb from either end, we use to go on it years ago when David Mckellar took us for runs over to the North. Recently it was Richard, Iain & Bill T who took me back there again. They would have a much better idea as to the precise part of the road than me!

I hope that helps.

Haven't seen you for ages, I think last time was in Italy last year? How are you doing?

Cheers

Chung

Yep - a great ride today!. 114 miles at 17.4 ave.

just back back from the Brown Bull after several 'recovery' pints of real ale!

Despite new girl at the cafe service still as slow as ever.

Not too bad up the CLune with Andy and got on the drops for the final dash back to LW. Legs feel OK!

Hope I have got Black Beauty back for next week!!

Chung - sunstroke in Scotland - you cannot be serious!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yip, what a fantastic day on the bike, great company, great weather, 3 cracking climbs Rest, Hells Glenn and Whistlefield over to Ardentinny, although the 20% decent over the top of the Whistlefield on what really isn't much better than a gravel track was a bit rough on the old brakes and wheels.... Well, summer was nice while it lasted :)

Ian

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Duncan,

The "Top of the World" I think (as far as I know) is the stretch of the road between Fintry to Kippen - B822?

It's a gentle climb from either end, we use to go on it years ago when David Mckellar took us for runs over to the North. Recently it was Richard, Iain & Bill T who took me back there again. They would have a much better idea as to the precise part of the road than me!

I hope that helps.

Haven't seen you for ages, I think last time was in Italy last year? How are you doing?

Cheers

Chung

thanks chung,

doing well, was spotted at Nove Colli by Sky and currently acting as domestique de luxe for wiggo in secret training venue. I think I might take him round the top of the world, he is looking for variety after the monotony of Majorca and Tenerife. I'm sure you understand.

Anyway, bike is rust free due to occasional forays, to work and back. hope to get out with bunch sometime soon....

duncan