Create & Develop some bike routes

The Clyde Muirshiel Park is looking for interested parties and individuals to get in touch and help improve, create or develop some bike routes.

Volunteers are wanted to give an hour or so to give thoughts or maybe even contribute to a discussion on the topic. Register your interest or send them a suggestion of where in the park you like to cycle.

[email protected]

A footpath (the red route) has opened up between Locherwood Community Woodland and Muirshiel. Not well marked though, but Emma and myself found our way on mountain bikes from the Locherwood carpark to the style at the edge of the wood. From there it was a bit hit or miss as to what is path and what is rough moorland. We crossed the style but then found the path very boggy. We actually found it easier going by crossing back over the wall and going down the wood side of the wall to the corner, crossing over into the field and continuing in the same direction then turning right to a gate part way up Windy Hill. We then headed down the path to the visitor centre and down the road and on back to Locherwood. A good afternoon's entertainment.

• 2023 Subscriptions

James,

Having done that path a few times, and as you say, the bit from WIndy Hill to the wall is a bit hit and miss!!

I've bike up a Muirshiel for over 20 years, so I might give them a few of my thoughts.

Cheers,

R