Sunday 10th

Brian Hickey

Brian - not everyone sees themselves as a competitive cyclist - even those who do don't want to compete in every event.

If you feel like a competive outing the Restricted Gear event may well suit - in which case have a go! If not, I'd you and others should feel free simply to go a run and enjoy it. If that's the case you might even want to swing by the confined event and offer encouragement!

Enjoy your cycling whatever - one size doesn' fit all!

Iain

Hey Brian

I'll be out tomorrow. Could you make 0915? I'm meeting up with someone else at 0900. We could swing by Miller St before setting off. We're planning to do more or less what you suggested: 40-50 miles, plenty of hills, no cafe stop...

Thanks

Tony

Perfect Tony - see you at 0915.

Billy - you're quite right I probably should participate in the confined event but at this stage of the year and having been out very little during the winter I need miles in the legs.

Iain - thanks for the supportive note and I agree with the sentiment : different people, different things....

Good luck to everyone taking part tomorrow....!

Brian

Club rules suggest that you should not post a run on the same day and time as a confined event

After all it's only a club event

Go after confined event is reasonable never mind what Iain posted

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

To : Race Organiser - Paris- Nice

CC: W. McBagel

It has come to my attention that there is a JWCC restricted gear confined event on today I am afraid I will be unable to complete todays stage.

Yours ,

S. Chavanel

Hi Sylvain, Just checking, have you paid your subs to Jann yet?

If not, you are as well doing the col d'eze TT.

Regards,

Officialdom.

No subs no say

Just reminding all that one should not post an alternative run at the same time as a club event

Whether taking part or not I am sure you will find it written down somewhere

It's only common decency is it not

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Billy, agreed.

I'm sure Brian made an innocent mistake.

He'll see the error of his ways while serving his suspension

(club rules:Volume 52: page 968, para 63)

Without sounding like a militant...were these rules written when the club was formed?

If I had 100 Sundays and they were the only days/times available and there was a confined event on each time, I'd be doing a run every time.

While I see the need to support the club, I have no interest in doing or watching TT's, so am I supposed to stay at home and not ride my bike at all?

Just asking.

Yours curiously and with love :)

Firstly

It's very rarely we have an event on a Sunday (2) I do not think its much to ask not to post a club run on these two occasions

Secondly

The rules are part of the club and of you don't like them then you have a few options one of which is to get them changed

Final point the main bunch ride was changed is it too much to ask that all abide by the rules for these two occasions

Final final comment supporting the event includes not posting an alternative run

You do not need to watch it.

• Life Members

8 of us turned up on this cold morning for a wee run, among us were 4 guests from Tony's CTC group. Always good to cycle with other keen cyclist from other clubs!

Our run took us from the track to Glengarnock, Kilwinning, Stewarton where 4 of us carried on towards Newton Mearns & Neilston. The rest headed back to Johnstone via the back roads. Tony did not disappoint us in his quest to lead us through roads that I'm sure does not exist in maps, but somehow we still manage to get to where we're suppose to. I think that's a natural talent that he has coupled with years of experience on these roads - priceless!

Anyhow, thanks to everyone for the wheels & especially Brian for the flapjack towards to end, very much needed fuel indeed - cheers!

Cheers

Chung