Saturday 23rd February

Iain Cowden

• Life Members

Hi Iain & All,

No fishing or trip to Edinburgh for me tomorrow, so I'll be coming out to play!

I'm meeting Richard at the Squinty Bridge then heading via Paisley Road West to the clubroom, do you want to meet up at the Bella Corner, Iain?

Any idea of the runs route? Any chance on crossing the Eskine bridge dare I ask?

Looking forward to it, see you all tomorrow morning!

Cheers

Chung

Great stuff folks - looking forward to it! Looks like there will be 8 of us anyway, so a decent wee bunch!

Thanks Chung, I heard from Richard earlier, but had by then agreed to meet Ian and Kenny C at the Red Smiddy at 8.50am. I think I'll need therefore need to be a bit earlier than usual at Bella, which probably won't suit. So, I will see you & Richard at Miller Street and that way everyone has company on the way over.

I am quite open on route and going north of the river, but suggest we maybe leave it till the morning, see what conditions are like and what others fancy?

Iain

Yes, another great day out on the bike! A fine bunch of most of the usual suspects, plus the welcome addition of Colin Howard for a bit. It really was very cold to begin with (which kept the pace brisk), but when the sun came out it was simply glorious!

Chung felt the call of the north, so there we went - nice for me to see that wee loop round Coulport/Roseneath for the first time - the views to the snow capped Arrochar Alps on the way back were outstanding. So too were the flash new steeds, from Messrs Johnston & McGinty - very nice indeed. My suggestion that they rode at the front all day to make the rest of us look good met with limited support - at least from them! I was just over 101 miles by the time I was home, Richard and Chung wouldn't be far off that either.

Thanks again to everyone again for turning out and Chung/Richard/Kenny & Ian for the route/cafe finding.

The consensus for next week seemed to be that we go again for Saturday, but aim for a considerably shorter run, allowing those who can to ride their distance of choice at the Don Smith on Sunday.

I'll post again midweek.

Iain

• Life Members

Splendid run indeed in good weather, beautiful scenery, excellent cafe & great company! Cannae ask for more.

First time I did the route from the anti-clockwise direction, I've always did it the other way so makes for a refreshing change - big thumbs up!

Not as much as Iain's milage but still 95 miles. Legs a bit tired so can't make the Reliability today, hope everyone have a good one!

Thanks again to Iain for posting & everyone that turned up for this. Seeing folks with their lovely new bikes just makes me even more hard to bear on waiting for mine, 4 weeks to go.......ah!

Apologies to Allan for not assisting with your puncture at the end as I was desparatly late for Sean's (my boy) football so had to push on!

Cheers

Chung