1st Timer

Ronnie Edgar

Hi All and let me congratulate the admins on an excellent site.

I have returned to cycling after a few years and am keen to get out and about at the weekends a bit more, I was wondering what the etiquette was with regards to coming along on one of the 30 mile runs, I am reasonably fit and have a "decent" bike (its no Massi or Pinarello), I was also wondering how to join up...I guess the instructions are on the site...but I am probably just being daft or unobservant. Is it just a case of PMing the guys in the message 2 below this one, then doing a bank transfer?

Cheers

Ronnie

Hincappie,

You feeling ok? It is nice to see you welcoming new members but isn't that a little out of character for you.....Ah hold on I see what you're doing - false sense of security before pouncing like a rabid 3 legged sheep.

Seriously questionable avatar on show mate. Squire Christie will be breaking out in hives at that one, and I dare not ask.

Anyhoo, Ronnie you're most welcome. Greig and the 30 milers will undoubtedly look after you and tell you horrible stories about the bad people who ride in the main bunch and don't get the train home from Largs

• Administrators

Hi Ronnie

Routes are normally around renfrewshire and usually on quiet roads. There are a few on map my ride and Garmin connect.

Johnstone, Lochwinnoch, Barrmill circuit is about 28.

Johnstone, Lochwinnoch, Kilmacolm, track back to club.

Johnstone, Houston, Langbank, Bishopton, Houston etc.

These ones are all quite local but there's lots of routes depending on who is out to ride.

1. Ronnie dont listen to that main bunch lot we may not be as fast but everyone of us is better looking and we dont ride with stabilisers like them cause we stay in the saddle and dont fall off , like Jannza says routes vary this year a lot of our runs have been in excess of 65 miles but no one will be left behind in any case lol
  2. Greig

better looking and we dont ride with stabilisers like them cause we stay in the saddle and dont fall off

Oh dear that might rule me out because I am ugly and fall off a lot... Errr... ah fell aff ma bike ! anyway here hoping something will be arranged for sunday, I am keen to give my new bike a longish (non commuting) run