Helensburgh - Kilcreggan ? -Glen Fruinn Run 11th Nov Run

chung

• Life Members

Hi Folks,

I've been keeping tabs on the weather for this coming Sunday and it looks promising, so my obsession in crossing the river once again is further justified!

Plan is 8.45am start from the club room with a view on the following route:

Johnstone - Bridge - Dunbarton - Helensburgh - Rhu - Kilcreggan - Coulport climb - decent to Whistlefield & Garelochead roundabout - short climb up part of A817 - Glen Fruinn (avoiding the steep climb section) - Arden roundabout - Balloch - Home

Of course, this route is in no way set in stone, depending on who turns up (or just me) we can adjust route accordingly.

Not exactly sure the exact milage, but I guess for the full route would be approx 70ish miles. There's always the option to cut-out the Kilcreggan part and just do the Glen Fruinn climb which I guess would take it down to the 50s.

There is a few cafe option should we decide on one or two ;-)

Again, can I ask you to post if you intend to join in as I can make alternative arrangements if no one fancies it.

Also, if weather takes a turn for the worst then I'll post up Saturday night to confirm if it's still on or not.

Cheers & Thanks for reading

Chung