Scottish vets

charlie p

Mmmm...thinking of taking up competitive knitting as an alternative. All seems surprisingly easy until it gets hard. Dropped on what I believe is referred to as Flanders Moss, upward drag with cross winds and all leaving a solo 5 last 5 miles looking over my shoulder in anticipation of a bunch of OAP's passing and dropping me. Legs cooked on the climb into the finish.

Paul, I believe had better news and may have done well in the over 40's section so well done to him.

Garmin stats..

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/209631076

D

• 2023 Subscriptions

Davie B has made great progress in the fickle world of road racing this year, did all the right things until the horrible drag with 5 to go which just saps the legs, end of the day you can be in the right place but you need to have the legs! Those who have raced it know the score.

Race was quite sedated and tactical for the first 10 miles then was more of a fast steady than the usual balls out, pause, balls out, pause etc. 3 went up the road who were in a different league but one dropped back, Paul Rennie unbelievably which shows the level of the other 2, and these 2 stayed away to the end.

Anyway I was 16th overall and 10th in the O40's race, about the best I was going to get with the finish up the hill. End of the day quite happy with that as the vets field is becoming a who's who of ex internationals, gran prix winners ( forerunner to super 6) etc.

Plan to race at Dalbeattie next week with vets race the following week then Rothesay as a nice wee finale before a rest!

Oh ya dancer !