Italian trip- final details

Wednesday departure 05:45 group.

What is the plan for check-in. Are we assembling (7) and checking in as a group to get seats together or check-in online and be scattered about the aircraft?

Richie - what is the name of the hotel in Cesenatico?

E-mail sent to Dante asking about meeting points etc.

Yes, Chung has the hotel.

As Paul has posted...same for the Thurs bunch.

You can either check in online at home 24hrs before or I think you swipe your passport on the BA terminal in the airport and get your boarding pass then so we could all line up together.

Don't know if that guarantees seats next to each other.

Davie B,

I've spoken to local taxi mob re getting to airport. Been quoted £21 for me, thee, luggage and bikes. Shall I confirm booking. If we need to be at airport at 4.45 I'm suggesting 04.00 pick up for you, picking me up for a 04.15 depart. Yea or nae. If yea pm me your address.

M

• Committee

Richie

Sorry to trouble you but can you please ask Dante whether we need to bring any documentation such as race licenses/doctors' letters etc.

I see also that the organisers ask participants to download a race pack but i think you need a race number for this.

I have tried the website but it is difficult to find my way around. I cannot find my name or our club name on start list. I presume we are entered under a generic hotel/package name?

Can Dante or the organisers allocate numbers now?

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan,

You could take your licence/letter if you want but all the copies of letters and race numbers have already been passed to Dante and that's all he required.

I'd also asked about not seeing us on the website. Dante said it was because we'd booked through him and the hotel etc.

Left field comment! I was speaking to a bloke yesterday who had ridden a similar event previously. He said the thing that has stuck with him the most was the wave like sound of thousands of cleats being engaged and the sound growing louder and louder at it travelled down the mass of riders. He said it was really weird but utterly memorable. A different take on things but a nice thot. Wished us all the best in Italy

• Members

Richie, at the risk of asking the question that finally makes you snap, do you happen to know anything about bike storage facilities at the hotel? Should I be taking a lock?

EDIT: Ignore me, Richie. I checked the hotel's website. It says they've got a safe bike store. :oops:

• 2023 Subscriptions

It was brilliant. Very hard but very satisfying. To a man the JWCC put in an excellent shift - the easiest climb was probably on a par with the Fairlie moor from the coast side, except much longer :shock:

Special mention to Richie for his organising it all.

Oh ya dancer !