Any intermediate run planned for 22nd April

Jodyc

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone is planning a ride on Sunday. I've been working the last few Sundays so not been able to get out and noticed that there hasn't been any intermediate rides on the forum.

Fingers crossed there will be

Jody

I won't be out as we are going to a christening. Like yourself I have been otherwise engaged the last few weeks.

You could always post a 30-miler/intermediate run? If you're not confident about picking a route I'm sure one of the other experienced people like Mary, Ken, Boyd or Bill Thomson will help.

Congratulations on your baby news by the way 8-)

Right folks,

Back shift on Saturday so as long as I can make it away on time hoping to get out for a few miles. I havent made any club runs for the past 3 weeks and have only been out for a couple of 30-40 milers with my brother inlaw at a slower pace, so if you can post the route you are thinking I will look ahead for bail out options as I think so far you 2 will probably destroy me. With the above comment Rich I presume there are some lovely hills, you know how I look forward to them :smash

Keep me posted of any developments

Ps thanks Tony we are looking forward to our new arrival but not the lack of sleep, hope to see you out again soon

Jody

I plan on being out tomorrow and will be at Miller St for 0915. The route below takes the cycle path to Kilbirnie, road to Dalry, up and over Fairlie, Largs, Brisbane Glen to Greenock and then there are different options back - 45-50miles. If this doesn't suit then I wil be happy to follow the concensus.

Brian

Nice screenshot Brian. What software are you using - is it Memory Map? I can send you my stash of MMO files if you would be interested....happy to share...(if it's not MM you're using, I can send them in GPX format)

Hi Tony - yep, it's Memory Map; bought years ago mainly for use hillwalking but put to additional use for bike routes now. Not as good as some of the online sites though since it doesn't have an autoroute function (you have to painstakingly mark the route using 'waypoints') but it does produce a nice wee picture as you noted. Does the Garmin you have (edge 200 ?) let you download routes from MM ? or any other s/w ? think I might splash-out - I have an ageing Garmin GPS which I use when walking but if I strapped it to the bike it will make me even slower up the hills...

Maybe see you next weekend....

B

Brian - yes you can upload routes (in GPX format) from MM or any of the online route mapping sites to a Garmin 200. It works like this -

1. Connect Garmin to PC

2. Drag & drop your GPX file into the "Garmin\NewFiles" folder

3. Disconnect Garmin from PC

4. Switch on Garmin and select "Courses" - your route will now appear as a "Course" which you can follow (you will see a wee triangle following a breadcrumb trail)

Thanks

Tony

Hello everyone,

Really enjoyed today and was good to get out. Just short of 67 miles when I got home and my legs are pretty tired with some of those hills.

Thanks again for everyone that turned out and hope to see you all again soon.

Ps Chung think I'll take your advice and have the garmin watch on eBay tonight with the edge 500 purchased soon.

Jody

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi all

Just to say thanks for the run today about 55 miles some challanging hills legs a wee bit sore but glad I did it. Really enjoyed our coffee stop at the Bagle Basket and thanks to Chung for coming back to check on me as I stopped to find out if a sheep was ok, as it turned out it had just given birth. Also thanks to John and the other guys for spurring me on up the hills

Carol Mad mouser

Sounds like a brilliant run! Did intend to be out but slept in. Need to set my alarm earlier for next week. Did get out on the bike and done a similar route and complimented it with a bit of hill hunting. Also i think i met chung at the lights in paisley doing a bit of sneaky training? :lol:

• Life Members

Ross,

Was that you at the traffic lights in Paisley where you went straight on & we turned left towards Morrisons just before 3pm?

No secret training, just heading home after the run with the 3 'lost Boys'.

Sorry, I didn't recognise you under all the head gear. Hope you had a good run!

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Enjoyed the run on Sunday - great to have such a big bunch out there. Pity I had to miss the cak-stop.

Apologies to Brian for not waiting through Brisbane Glen. Had to time-trial it back to Paisley once I got up the Clune to pick up the track at Auchenbothie, and was still half-an-hour late with 60 miles on the clock. Cold pizza for lunch :-( .

See you all next Sunday, hopefully.