TTT Georgetown Road seris 2012

Guest EPCC

Hi All

Please see list of provisional dates of the two up time trials that will be staged on the Georgetown road

These are club confined events for paid up club members and all are welcomed even if you don't have a partner

So what are they you may ask these are time trials which is a race against the clock in teams of two . You race along the Georgetown road from the inchinan rd end to the roundabout and back .

Try it get a time and try and beat it

What if you don't have a partner don't worry turn up and get paired up with somebody of the same ability or ride it as a single and get a time

Warning the race of truth can be addictive and very quickly you will be buying skin suits and weird shaped helmets

Dates are

TTT1 Tuesday 27 March

TTT2 Tuesday 3 April

TTT3 Tuesday 10 April

TTT4 Tuesday 17 April

TTT5 Tuesday 24 April

Once these are confirmed individual post with the relevant data will be posted

As a newbie last year I thoroughly enjoyed these last year. Certainly something you can measure personal progress and improvement against as the weeks tick by. Can't recommend taking part highly enough, all good fun and you're only competing with yourself at the end of the day. You dont need all the gear either - McBagel in a skinsuit! the very thought is enough to cause a PB. Just turn up, find somebody of a similar ability, perhaps marginally better if you fancy testing yourself, and ride.

On that note I'll be looking for a willing body I can hide my skinny frame behind.

M

Ah ha! Ricardo! Its been a long time coming round but at this point Id like to refer you to the gentleman's agreement that was reached early in 2011.

I believe the original terms of the agreement were a TTT within the club confined events, at a date tbc on the Georgetown. This was to be held without the aid of any wind cheating apparatus.

I am still happy with the terms and would appreciate you fulfilling your end of the bargain forthwith.

We'll say no more about your shirking of the deal last year when it was 'a bit windy'

I look forward to the confirmation of the aforementioned.

RSN (Real Soon Now).icon_bounce_3Nothing's THAT funny !

• Members

Ah ha! Ricardo! Its been a long time coming round but at this point Id like to refer you to the gentleman's agreement that was reached early in 2011.

I believe the original terms of the agreement were a TTT within the club confined events, at a date tbc on the Georgetown. This was to be held without the aid of any wind cheating apparatus.
!

Aye, OK. I'll make myself available to sit on your wheel and offer words of encouragement one evening. ;-)

With entry into RR's seemingly at a premium would agree that TT'ing is maybe an easier (and potentially addictive) entry into the world of competitive cycling, until 'cross season of course.

I plan on giving this a proper go, in the purist's non-aero class of course. Mark, if you don't mind dragging me up and down the Georgetown are you up for the formation of Team GV?

D

Davie, I'm afraid Hincapie has beaten you to the punch on this one and offered his copious frame for me to hide behind, although team GV is very tempting. However, I'm advised a gentleman's word is his bond. Should his bike fail to get off the bricks it's currently perched your number 2 on my dance card. What Hincapie doesn't realise is that in my exuberance and enthusiasm I have previous for abandoning partners if they can't keep up.

M

Alan,

Since you are the only respondent to my partner request then the place is yours.

There is nothing to it - you just have to pedal like hell for 7.3 miles while swapping the lead with partner at mutually agreed intervals!!

If you normally use a heart rate monitor - leave it at home!

Remember : 'Pain is only weakness leaving the body!' (Michael Connolly).

PC

PS : You have pay 3 quid for the privilege of suffering.

Alan,

Since you are the only respondent to my partner request then the place is yours.

There is nothing to it - you just have to pedal like hell for 7.3 miles while swapping the lead with partner at mutually agreed intervals!!

If you normally use a heart rate monitor - leave it at home!

Remember : 'Pain is only weakness leaving the body!' (Michael Connolly).

PC

PS : You have pay 3 quid for the privilege of suffering.

Paul,

Looking forward to it...may even have a trial run so that I can look as though I know what to expect!

Cheers

Alan F