Blackwood to Peebles and Back 6th Annual 100 Mile Run

Dennis

Date for Diaries.

This year's (6th) edition will take place on Sunday, 10th June 2012.

As usual, the main feature will be to keep the one bunch together throughout. This makes it more enjoyable for all, and has the added bonus of ensuring that all the riders finish as fresh as the day they started! And know wot? It usually works!

It is hoped that there will again be over 20 in numbers, and that riders from JWCC will be able to join us, as usual.

Lunch will either be at the Scots Pine, as it was last year, or perhaps Glentress, at the new establishment there.

Afterwards,as usual, sustenance will be provided at 'Morag's Cafe' in Vere Road in Blackwood.

Watch this space for more details.

Dennis

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

As some of you may know, I have been waiting for an operation, and I’ve have just been given the date of 28th April for a replacement hip, so I’ll be off the bike for several, or more, months.

Sadly, this means that the 6th consecutive traditional Blackwood-Peebles run (ie involving JWCC/RACC; non-training pace; keeping the group together the whole way; & Morag’s Blackwood Café at the end) won’t take place this year. :-(

Sorry about this folks, but roll on next year… :grin:

Regards,

Dennis

Dennis,

Sorry to hear that your run is not to be on the calendar, its a grand day out *especially the feast at the end* and testament to you that its so well attended and that the bunch does indeed stay together. Perhaps not as fresh as at the start though!

I trust your 'upgrade' will include some sort of lightweight, performance enhancing, bionic element!

All the best to you, looking forward to next years edition. :grin: