Tuesday 19th July - Langbank Hilly Time Trial

Jannza

Don't do that Ramsey, you'll be even quicker than me! :lol:

I went and had a ride on the course yesterday (i assume I did, first roundabout on A8, turn back on yourself, up the road to mini roundabout in Houston and back?) and I don't reckon I'll be doing anything other than putting the tri bars on, try and keep the position as normal as I can, I'll be spending most of it on drops or honking out of the saddle!

In short, I'll be there.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Phil,

Sounds like you were on the right course. The only bit to note is that on the way back you take the left and finish at the entrance to Gleddoch Country House (the turn off is only about half a mile from the start and at the top of the steepest bit of the course - so you don't go back down the steep bit).

See you tomorrow.

R

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yip, thanks Jann. 0.03 of a second under 24mins! Most would have rounded up. :grin:

Appologies to all for being grumpy as hell when I crossed the line (and a wee sweary word) :oops: . It really didn't feel like a good ride at all, but as it turns out, it was well over a minute off my PB for the course and only 11 seconds behind Ben! :shock:Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Ben - Chapeau for a good time, especially on a first ride of the interesting course. No worries about beating me. My comment last night was a statement of fact, that unitl then I hadn't been beaten on that course. Good reason to train harder for next time. ;-)

Phil - Great time for a first ride. Will need to try one of these famous beers. Hello, beer !!

Ian - A quick check back over previous posts and it looks like you did a PB on this course by about 3 minutes! Well done! Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Cheers,

R

P.S. - promise not to be as grumpy on Tuesday for the return to the West Ferry! :oops::oops: