Georgetown roundabout?

lancelogan

Ben has said on another post that there is to be a roundabout put on the Georgetown road.

I'd think it would be where they are/have been building.

I'm quite sure this would have the potential to ruin our TT nights there so i'm wondering if there is anything we can do to prevent this happening?

Mark,

I haven't seen Ben's post as yet but if a new roundabout is to be put in place I don't think there is a thing that can be done.

I don't think such matters fall under the usual Planning regs, but will stand corrected. Even if such works do fall under the

Planning regs we may have missed the boat in terms of an appeal and an appeal on the grounds it would screw up the JWCC

Tuesday night TT wouldn't stand the proverbial snowball's chance.

Chances are the roundabout has be imposed on the developer as part of their planning application and it is therefore highly

unlikely the council would go back on something they in all likelihood insisted on.

Mark

• 2023 Subscriptions

I dont think it would cause a problem either. I was thinking about this the other day, could the addition of another roundabout mean we can transform the georgetown into something closer to a 10? By this I mean, down to the current turn, then back to this half way r.b then back to the current r.b then finish as normal? All really depends upon the position of the rounabout?, could also cause a problem with numerous riders on the course and many trying to navigate the roundabouts etc. Any thoughts?

Greg

Guys,

Talk of a roundabout was originally suggested by me. Having seen the set up that has been created it looks like a filter lane has been created for traffic turning right into the site coming from the Inchinnan end, meaning the likeliehood of a roundabout is much reduced and the Georgetown dragstrip will remain largely unchanged Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Colin Hello, beer !!