Big H in hospital

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Big Harry Lambie underwent an exploratory operation today to find the cause of recent illness. He is undergoing emergency surgery this Thursday to hopefully remedy his ailment. He is in ward 29 room 8 at present if anyone wishes to send message or pop in to see him.

I am sure that I speak for all when I say we wish him a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing him back in the saddle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all your computing needs, new machines, spares & repairs - the Yellow Computer Shop, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry is having an operation done today, and will be moved into ward 25 (HDU) as standard after that (ie from this evening onwards) - visiting is pretty tight in this ward, and it may be best for close friends/ family to go only. He should be back in one of the standard wards (26 or 29) by the beginning of next week if not earlier, and I know he would appreciate some friendly faces there!

If anyone wants more details, give me a phone.

Gerry 01505 335371

For all your computing needs, new machines, spares & repairs - the Yellow Computer Shop, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

Harry had a 6 hour operation on Thursday, he is now in HDU and is doing well, had a temperature last night and asked his son Steven to smash the sprinkler to cool him down, I will contact Steven again tonight (FRI) and get an update.

Cheers

Sean.

update-

Harry, is still doing well, everything seems to have gone O.K, he is still in the HDU and is enjoying the delights of morphine.

Cheers

Sean.

hi all- sorry i have not given an update, my computer went on the blink on Saturday, so its now fixed.

Big Harry is still doing well, I have been up to see him and he is looking really good (considering), he is talking, but unusually you can get a word in because he gets tired quite quickly. He could be going for another small operation but we are waiting to see about that, he hasn't moved so he is still in HDU but seems to be getting slowly better.

cheers

Sean.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain Rocks and Captain Goldie have just returned from visiting Big H. Thankfully, the second operation that Sean spoke of wasn't needed.

H delights in fully describing every tube that has entered him so far, so visits are not for the squeamish! He's got a lot of colour aboput him and is quite chirpy. If visiting, don't take any food - he can't eat it, but he has a passion for single fruit flavour ice lollies if you come across any? He hasn't really got the concentration level just now for reading anything, but pictures are ok.

Cheers

GG

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

Went up to see Big H tonight, and I'm pleased to say that he is now out of the HDU and has been moved to Ward 26, He has been up and walking around on Saturday (and over did it) rested Sunday and is now able to sit at his bed and have a chat.

He has also been able to have something to eat, the first in 2 weeks, and can now complain about the RAH food just like the rest of us!! the bad news is that the doctors have told him he wont be able to ride the bike for another 6-8 months!! (but i would like to put a bet on that he will be out well before that!!)

He seem to be recovering very quickly, probably due to his depth in fitness (but dont tell him i said that), just shows you the cycling isn't that bad after all.

Cheers

Sean.

Sean wish the Big Man all the best and tell him that he can target the Arran trip next year as a comeback!!

I'm very glad to say that Big H is now out of hospital, he was thrown out Yesterday, he is now back at home to start his recovery, I have just spoke with him and he thanks you all for your "good wishes and concern"

He is still as grumpy as ever, so the operation has not affected his good nature.

Cheers

Sean.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately Big H was taken back into hospital on Monday, he has lost a lot of strength and has started to faint as he stands up due to very poor Blood pressure, he is now in the RAH again and is making a slow recovery but he is getting there, I was hoping that he would be out within a couple of days (and i wouldn't post this message) but he is still in, so here's hoping he will be out soon and resuming his recovery.

Cheers

Sean.

GOOD NEWS!!!, Big H is now out, he is sitting on his couch as grumpy as ever, give him a phone and see!!

Cheers

Sean.

We had a welcome visitor in the shoppe today.......Harry Lambie.

Harry was flashing his scars today and I remarked how quickly they're healing a sign of his fitness methinks.

Harry reckons he'll "glide" up the hills now as he's a wee bit lighter post op.

His tumour has been removed and there are no signs of secondaries

Oh ya dancer ! .

As part of his treatment he's back in hospital next week to start a course of chemo.

Harry was on good form today and all would indicate he's on the mend.

• 2 weeks later...

Big H has asked me to thank everyone for the lovely flowers that he received from the Club, he is now undergoing a weekly dose of Chemo and is feeling great and will be making an appearance at the Xmas TT on sunday, He wouldn't take up the "Santa Challenge" from last year, after thrashing me, (well i have to get my own back from last year).

• Members

Sean I have been asked by Big H to ensure his full message was displayed verbatum

"The flowers were a lovely surpise but what else would you expect from Scotlands friendliest club. "

"Ah bet that North Beach mob wouldnt send flowers to its members"

Do we suspect a wee dig - Sean.

Ahh Kenny

Its the drugs that he is on!, i dont really take much notice of what the big man says, you know that!!

Nice reply Sean! Hello, beer !!