Road races

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Billy et al

The 2 scottish TLI races will be ok to enter on line. Mossy might post on Braveheart for advance entries - the Rothesay race is always ok to enter on line.

The TLI British may need advance entry - I'll let you know when I enter - I've got the handbook somewhere

The vets Balfron, vets national and 3/4 Castle Douglas - entry instructions at the BCF calendar link, add it to your favourites!

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events?discipline=21

Filter on 'Road Race' and 'Scotland' for streamlined list,

And chapeau for entering the super 6 at Falkirk

Oh ya dancer !

Paul,

Believe it or not I have a year to go before I achieve vet status - are the TLI's you mentioned run off like the Barmill one or would I be stuck in with the youngsters?

A hiding either way is forseeable but some familiar faces in the bunch (at least at the start!) may be appreciated!

Keen but a bit apprehensive/confused about how best to take the plunge.

Cheers,

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions

Davie

Best intro to road racing would be the Rothesay 44 mile APR in Sep. Last year there was a seperate race for 'beginner racers' which some of the other guys did - could one of you give Davie an idea of how it went - I think it was 22 miles ?

The main APR is handicapped, it was 3 groups last year and was sensibly handicapped, you would be first group, Ramsay, Greg and I were 2nd group last year. It all came together with about 5 to go with some of the 3rd group and some of the 2nd group forming the final lead bunch.

hope that helps

Oh ya dancer !

Mr C

Also entered the Eddie Morgan ( might not get a place ) and the vets race at balfron what other races do you think we should go and get a kicking at :!:

• 1 month later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Guys

Was planing to either go to either,

-TLI one day stage race on 3rd Sep, 4 mile TT, 20 mile RR, 50 mile RR - could be ideal for some of our all rounder types, especially the TT guys who have road raced...

- Falkirk team RR on 4th Sep - need min of 4, circuit as per Super 6 - basically flat...open to all cats so will be fast,

Thought I'd gauge interest in both, anyone interested?

Oh ya dancer !