Any '30 milers' run on Sun?

Richie Cross

Hi,

Sounds like a plan. I'll try and find a route unless you know any Al?

Don't know if I've missed something apart from the Drumlanrig event on Sat but I'm wondering where

all the Sunday run posts have gone this weekend!??

John...welcome to the club. I've not been out much due to knee pain so I just need to turn the pedals

for 2 or 3 hours.

Don't worry about your pace John. We normally have 3 runs on the go with a gentler pace, club pace and race pace.

If anyone drops on any climbs, everyone regroups at the top etc.

0930 at the clubrooms. Miller St in Johnstone John :grin:

HiIt is not unusual for a run to be posted late .I won't be out on Sunday working but will post for a lumpy largs run for next Sunday for some prep for the etape

Those who want to go a bit faster should try the peesweep Apr on Thursday where you are grouped in similar groups its a bit different but fun

• Life Members

Hi Richie,

Hasn't anyone told you not to follow my sense of directions. (I have known to get lost on more than a few occasion) :oops:

How are you for time on Sunday? Fancy doing one of the reliability runs, say Moscow (which I think you have done before) or Sinclair street, this means a longer run and over the bridge which could include a cafe stop at Balloch, yeh!

Both runs are fairly flat with only Sinclair street being the only upward drag.

Can decide on the morning of the run, will go with the majority.

Was going to maybe suggest Largs run, but Billy propose doing that next Sunday.

Regards

Chung

• Life Members

Don't worry about the pace, we will work as a bunch when we ride. You will be suprise as to how easy it is to cycle in a group compare to on your own. Like Richie said, we all have to start somewhere, you won't be holding anyone back.

Do you know where the clubroom is?

Cheers

Chung

John,

Basic directions from me would be finding Johnstone Railway Station on Google maps and if you leaving the station, you go straight over, first right then along over a few speed humps.

Miller Street is about 2 or 3 streets along from memory...it's the signpost with most of the letters missing!

If you look along it you'll see industrial units rather than houses and the clubroom is at the end.

How you get there from Georgetown Road....er :-?

• Life Members

John,

I can meet you at the top end of (Inchinnen industrial estate end) Georgetown Road around 9.10am and head towards the clubroom. I'll be in Johnstone wheeler colours and my mobile is 0790 3356 730.

See you tomorrow, looks like the weather will be good.

Cheers

Chung