25 mile TT

Tom Hill

• Administrators

Not sure of start time. Last year was at 7pm.

A736 Barrhead to Irvine Road. (Lochlibo Rd)

Start is in Shilford head towards Irvine until the first roundabout and return.

If you head from Barrhead as you enter Shilford go past bus garage on left, look for small white bulding think its a sign place with layby outside (the start).

If you get to Caldwellgolf club on right looking for the start you've gone too far!

'

• 2023 Subscriptions

Tom & Jannza

Intend to ride over to start from BOW . On basis of Jannza's post presume 7pm start. If no one else turns up we can find a few hills. If anyone else riding over I will be at last 0 leaving Johnstone for howwood at approx 6.15pm

Charlie

In the event, it wasn't (a TT)! Having said cheerio to George Hamilton, who happened to be riding that way from Barrhead en route to Lochwinnoch, there was Charlie, Tom, Davie and me at Shilford. After a quick pow-wow we decided against a 4 up TT in favour of a hilly run out.

We headed up the side of the garage at Shilford (where a BBC TV drama crew unaccountably missed the opportunity to sign any of us 4 up for a future starring role on screen) to the Neilston -Uplawmoor Road. There we turned right and into the village, turning left just by the old schoolhouse onto the back road climbing steadily out of the village towards Dunlop. There we met the only brief squall of the night. On cresting the summit we saw the clear sky towards the Ayrshire coast which raised the spirits. We carried on to the road end, passing E Ayrshire's mini Alp d'Huez on the right (yes, that's cunningly missing the testing climb).

At the road end we turned left and up another hillock, dropping down to the Neilston- Dunlop road - then left at the Howie's of Dunlop depot (as was), up the climb on the road back towards the trout farm above Neilston, then right over to the Newton Means- Stewarton Road. From there left thru' Kingsford, the right over the Clunch Road to the A77. A brief respite there till the turn of the Newton Mearns 10TT course roundabout followed by a fast wheelabout to just before the Malletsheugh. Left there across to the Mearns- Stewarton road, then right over to Neilston. Out the Dunlop road then right up more hills to the "wall" just before dropping back to Uplawmoor. There Davie headed back to Shilford while the rest headed back via Caldwell Braes and Greenacres/Bowfield/ Johnstone and , for me, the track back thu' Pollock park

All in all, not the night we might have expected, but a good workout in very pleasant company. Everyone gave it fair crack on the many climbs and re-grouped at the tops. And yes... I got to write the lengthy post as I was the only one who was sure where we'd been!

Here's to next week and who knows what!

Iain