Sunday 27th June

Colin H

Colin

Ta might still have to bail out somewhere near or after Helensburgh. Glen fruin I know it might not be much difference in the miles but i might have to be back for 1400, still working on the late pass, but Tuesday night Thursday night Saturday Morning and Sunday might be a bit too far :angryfire

Phone rang this morning at 0700 :-? It was Chung asking for a parking space at my garage :roll: At least it made sure I was up and about.

Rolled out from mine at 0830 and met Billy, Charlie, Tom, Greg and Kenny C at the agreed meeting place and collected Richard on the North side of the bridge.

Just as a note we had a wee debate as to England's chances against Germany. A certain fireman and St Mirren supporter (who will remain nameless) stated that Germany had no chance and England would win 2-0. Stick to putting out fires Billy (ooooppps named you :lol: )

Rain threatened all the way to Helensburgh where the skies finally opened and we got a bit wet. With time constraints for Greg, he, Chung, Billy and Charlie turned up Glen Fruin (I think they secretly wanted to get home to support England :roll: )

The rest of us continued up the Whistlefield (with some groaning about my route choices) and onto Arrochar. A wee comfort stop and I think if someone had suggested turning around we would have all agreed. But no one did :roll:

We parted slightly up the Rest (as the sun came out) mostly thanks to the traffic lights and enjoyed the long twisty descent down Hells Glen with the thought of the ascent up the other side lingering. Thankfuly its not too bad and before we knew it we were in the cafe at Strachur Oh ya dancer !

A nice pace was set back to Dunoon and the 1445 ferry. News came our way that Germany were 1-0 up at the Gourock side which seemed to brighten the skies somewhat.

A wee TT along the West Ferry and Tom turned off at Langbank leaving me to dispatch Kenny and Richard to the Renfrew Ferry from the Red Smiddy roundabout.

Great run in changeable conditions and great company.

Won't be out next week so someone else can plan the route Oh ya dancer !

Colin Hello, beer !!