British Eagle RR 9-5-10

Guest Jim Daly

Guest Jim Daly

I'm confirmed as entered for this. Been a while since I applied, I suppose.

That makes 3 in the team with Paul and Ramsay? Is David in?

In two minds now about my back-up plan to do the Ingliston Crit on Saturday.

Jim

Still building up energy levels to report on race last week...

Guest Jim Daly

Email confirmation from Andrew Matheson for me only. I was only going on chatter in the General section.

I spoke to Andrew days ago and he said he had 110 riders. I don't know the maximum. Probably 40 ERC riders and up to 20 from beyond the border.

Guest Jim Daly

Just spoke to organiser.

Insurance issues mean reduction of field from 80 to 60.

I suggest you watch Braveheart for updates.

Jim

• 2023 Subscriptions

Race today on an excellent course in E Lothian. 60 starters, 44 listed finishers.

4 laps of 14 miles. David, Ramsay and I took part. In brief, Ramsay finished just behind bunch after cramping as gallop started and he then stopped to check on some guys on the deck who crashed in the sprint, David got dropped early after the shock of his return to racing after crash enforced lay off but then very admirably rode round the full course. My tank suddenly registered empty on lap 3 and all I could do was small ring to end of lap and watch the finish.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

A bit of a mixed day for the JWCC at the 4 lap British Eagle. The race started at a fairly high pace and after chasing down a few attempted breaks, we got to the main hill where David was unfortunately shelled out the back. He did then continue all the way to the end (45miles+), so good effort.

Paul and I held on for the next few laps, before both getting shelled out the back on the second wee climb. I just managed to get back on to the bunch, but it was game over for Paul.

On the final lap I lost touch with the bunch again on the same wee climb and although they got 100m+ on me, I decided to give everything to get back on and actually managed it. WIth only 5 miles to go, I worked my way to the front and going into the last corner I was about 10th-15th with only 350m to go. Unfortunately my earlier effort gave me really bad cramp as I tried to sprint, so I sat up to coast over the line. About 100m to go there was a big crash in the bunch, so a few of us stopped to help the guys on the ground (don't think any serious damage to anyone, but at least one smashed carbon wheel). Anyway, myself, Martin Coopland (Falkirk) and Jamie Kennedy (Couriers) did get back on after seeing the guys were ok and coasted across the line. Credited with 36th and David 44th. :roll:

All in all a hard shift, but good spin on a nice course.

Cheers,

Ramsay

Guest Jim Daly

Bad luck guys. You'll be stronger next time.

The Club Run to Cowal run didn't go very well for me either:

Not enough time for coffee at the Continental Cafe in Gourock and then the wee coffee shop at the Dunoon side was shut on arrival and departure. Worse to come at Tighnabruach where I was served a Cappuccino, instead of the Latte I requested.

Jim