Eddie Morgan RR

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Seems our Paul had a wee mishap at todays event :cry:

"Can I just say a very big thanks to the organiser and helpers for this race but in particular to the guys who helped me out after my spill in the finale",

- the first aider who rode my bike back

- the driver who got me back to the strip

- Stevie Hazlet for helping me undress as he understood my predicament !!

- Tom Wothington for driving me all the way home

- my team mate Jim D for getting equipment home

prognosis is 2 broken ribs

Paul Mcdonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jim and I rode this race and it was a field of 80 and rain from the start. Roads were narrow so the race became a constant battle to stay near the front on the twisty up and down roads.

I found the first 15 miles a struggle not having raced for a few weeks. Ok after that. There were about 30-40 left in the bunch with 2-3 miles to go when I had the mishap. The pace was hotting up and there was all sorts of risks being taken to get in position for the gallop. Jamie Kennedy behind me shouted 'outside' so I moved in a bit, as he came through a guy in front swung out, took out Jamie who did a flip, as his back wheel came up it caught my bars and I went sailing through the air. I was headed for grass so I thought this is not too bad in the scheme of things, then all of a sudden a searing pain in my chest etc etc.

From my view there is much more chance this could happen a hundred other ways so being positive I only broke ribs, no punctured lungg, amazing how quick you get semi mobile again so on balance its much better to ride a bike !

Having said that I am really pissed that its the vets national in 2 weeks :cry: but can't change it so maybe try some races late season.

As I got a lift back I passed Jim D riding quite slow and it turned out he had a slow puncture, what a day for JWCC

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !