Oops, I mean Sunday 21st......this Sunday

chung

• Life Members

Hi Al,

That's great.....so far ......2 Oh ya dancer !

Anymore takers?

How many do we need to call ourselves a BUNCH?

How about a run down the coast to Largs and then back up the Fairlie or the Haylie? Or how about a wee trip across the bridge to Kilcreggan which would be a good 70-80 miles trip with one big climb, weather permitting of course.

Cheers

Chung

• Members

Nice wee day oot doon the water . Joined Martin M , Chung , Alan G , Dave P , Ian McG , Returnee Donny Paterson and young Bill for a run down track to Glengarnock. Over the wall to Dalry and a right turn onto moor road. We split up over moor and regrouped at Fairlie road end. Myself and Bill opted for West Kilbride , Dalry , RNAD , Gateside, Bowfield. Just under 50 miles one shower on moor road and only one mechanical ( Bills shoogly bottle carrier :oops: )

Good day as kenny says.......oh except for the Motocross track that Martin took us across. i decided to stay in a safe 3rd as the race for the lead, across boulders, dirt and water, took place in front of me. it was exciting to watch and came to a head as Chung and Martin headed round a tight left-hander and onto a steep rough downhill section. Martin (with his cyclecross experience) managed to swerve in/out of the rough patches while Chung determined to take the lead decided to go straight over them. it was a spectaculer sight as young Mr Chung fought for control of his machine. Left foot came unclipped first, followed immediately with the right foot. what happened next was something out of a Laurel and Hardy film as Chung fought wildly for control. at one point i was sure he had saved it, but alass it all ended in disaster. his front tyre threw the towel in and down he went. sad sight indeed. but thankfully no major injury and after a few kind words from his fellow cyclists, he was back in the saddle and riding along the wind in his hair and also walfing gently across his left buttock where his good Assos shorts had ripped.

cant wait till next sunday :grin:

cu all at Tue TT.

al.

• Life Members

It was a good day up until the wee incident (accident)....

Thanks Al for that colourful description, but not as colourful as my left buttock. It's all red and purple.......I could do a "Colin" and post a wee picture, but my wife and son refuse to look at it let alone take a picture. So Father's Day present .... eh!

Apart from the damage skin on arm, leg, buttock & my pride...there is the more important issue of me ripped Assos shorts, damaged left side record carbon levers & busted shoe buckle........... :angryfire

Lesson learned today.....should have listened to Mick as to how bad that stretch of road was......never again!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Thanks for the links and advise, guys!

Martin, different type of buckle than mine, but got one that match from the website you recommended. ;-)

Al, that is a very useful info for Assos :grin:

Cheers

Chung