Dunoon loop

Kenny Christie

I had planned to do this next Saturday but Im in Skye I need the miles! Im going to leave the North side of the bridge 9am Sunday 24th. Up the lochside, Arrochar,Rest and be thankful, down to Lochgoilhed, Hells Glen, St Catherines, Strachur, (coffee and cake:-P )Dunoon, Gouock and up the road.

Pace will be civilised to sedate :grin: Company most welcome!

Cheers 8-)

Guest EPCC

Define sedate, if that means slow enough for me count me in as I need a run as well. there does not appear to be a Sunday Bunch run so its Dunoon or asda :grin:

Define sedate, if that means slow enough for me count me in as I need a run as well. there does not appear to be a Sunday Bunch run so its Dunoon or asda :grin:

This isnt the Sunday run as such. Im doing the Skye sportive next week, the forecast is good and I need the longer distance miles. I just thought I would post to see if anybody fancied coming along.

Im sure there will be another post for this Sunday by someone.The forecast is very good! Although this being the west coast of Scotland that could all change! :roll:

Its going to be club run pace nothing too hectic. Its over 100 miles for me so no heroics on my part. :lol:

Cheers

Guest EPCC

Kenny

Might be taking some grape juice tonight so if i am not at the bridge for 0900 dont wait, as if i am late up i will just try a shorter run.

Best of luck for skye

• 2023 Subscriptions

An excellent run today!! Ok weather, good company and great route!! :grin: started with four, Colin, Kenny C, Martin and myself, the usual road towards the rest, but Martin had to leave at Arrochar because he had time retraints, the remaining three carried on, till strachur and a long awaited cafe stop!

We then procced to batter it down the lochside to dunoon making excellent time, doing it in 50 mins :-o

Then once again at brisk pace from the ferry port till the westferry, with a quick TT practise along the way. I then broke away uptoawards the monkey house.

97.7 miles door to door for myself, still havent got that ton yet!!!

Greg

Great run yesterday 8-) .

Everybody taking their turn Oh ya dancer ! and a good pace maintained all day. I had an average speed of 17.9 recorded for the 95 miles I covered. Must admit that "twice round the block" did cross my mind but the headwind along the Georgetown finished me off :oops: .

Special mention for Greg who was strong all day and showed how far he has progressed in a year :lol:

Good luck to Kenny for the Skye sportive next weekend. Riding like you were yesterday you will be fine Hello, beer !!

Colin