Dev squad away day mark 3

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Great run in sunny Argyleshire 8-) as usual the hills were tough and the wee breeze made them seem that wee bit longer :roll:

Rider of the day :- Clare who was in sparkling form on her first day in the mountains

Good baptism for Chris and Kev who were first timers , and rode well all day.

Mullhooligan cruised thru the ride on his rest day ;-) whilst James made the hills look easy ( if it wasnt for my dodgy knee I would have shown him how its done ;-) )

Special mention to Asima who was riding superbly , she listened to Kenny S who had said theres only 3 hills :shock: pity she didnt think to ask how long/steep they were :-?

John C was beset with chain trouble all day , so we are holding a chain aid day in his benefit ( but only if he donates his old one to oil amnesty day :lol: )

Special mention of the wee things which make these days stand out :-

a) the paramedic on the ferry who informed us that a 47 year old cyclist dropped dead on the Striven climb on Wed. :shock:

B) Kenny S lying in a ditch on the striven climb :roll:

c) the lone cyclist giving Mullhooligan a dinghy on the descent to Strachur :-P

d) the cafe owner questioning wether yours truly had given him a tenner or a fiver :rockets plus the look on James face as it was his tenner

another character building day for the development squad.

Watch this space for another epic awayday coming after the easter holidays Oh ya dancer !

A great day out, folks. The legs were fine but those first few miles into teh headwind fair opened the lungs

I've just overdosed my Jets jersey with Vanish in the hope that I'll get the ditchwater stains out 8-)8-)

A big well done to Asima lthough she'll never believe another word I tell her :lol:

Good to see that some things never change with some folks at the cafe in Strachur.

It was quite surreal chasing a loan breakaway rider all day. Throw in the mistral, the Col de Tarsan , Alpe de Striven and Col de Leanach we could have been hundreds of miles away ;-)

Davie R was on my mind a lot today. It would have been a run that he would have loved. Sadly missed, mate. But never forgotten

• Members

A wee post note to Gregs comment about it being a tough day.

Greg was admitted to RAH on Saturday night and has been diagnosed as diabetic.

He will get out tomorrow and will be riding the 2 up on Wednesday night.

Told you the dev squad days out were character building.

Have a speedy recovery Greg Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Chapeau Greg - from loch striven to the RAH in one day. Impressive ride, if you were feeling that bad.

Look forward to seeing you back out on the road and in top form once again. :smash:smash:smash

cheers

mul

Thanks to Martin for his tips and getting me up the Loch Striven Hill.

Kenny S is forgiven, he put up with my constant 'Are We Nearly There Yet?' and 'Is This The Last Hill?' Will take a bit longer to forgive him for the 2 mile sprint to catch the ferry.

Fab Day.