Calling All New Members

Alan

Clearly not an issue on the West coast as the Johnstone is the only club to join!! but could I ask the newer members of the club a few questions:-

How did you find out about the club?

Was the SCU any help in finding clubs in the area?

What information would you have found helpfull coming into the sport?

How easy is it to become involved in the sport?

etc

The reason I am asking this is for those that do not know I am on the board of the SCU responsible for communication and marketing, the biggest area of which must be attracting and new people to the sport.

Any comments please, also any input from the more established members?

Thanks

Alan

:grin: Hi Alan,

I made contact with the wheelers through Ian Dooley.

I think an invitation to a club night would have been helpful to find out about ,experience,ability and aspirations.

It's easy to become involved in our sport when you're a member of a club,(trumpet blowing time),especially ours,as we have members competeing in most, if not all disiplines.

cheers

paul

Hi there

I learned about the club via the Glasgow triathlon club (being invited to do the JWCC time trials last year). Moved to Glasgow a year ago and was told by various people that I shouldnt join a bike club as they can be a bit sexist and cliquey and there arent many girls who actually race. Luckily I proved them wrong and eventually joined a non-sexist, all inclusive club with one of the top girls in the UK to learn from!!

So, a year on, Im a bike club member but still clueless about a few things:

what courses are where, and what organisations I need to join in order to race...

Can I just join the BCF? Is it exactly the same as joining the SCU?

What is the difference between Gold membership and Silver membership?

How strict are organisers about adhering to closing dates? (I keep hearing about people phoning the night before to enter time trials).

How can anyone ever break the Scottish tandem TT records when there dont appear to be any tandem races in the handbook??

Sorry about all the questions - didnt realise how many things I wanted to know until I started splurging...hope I at least answered your questions...

Cheers

Kells

Met 2 members of JWCC at an after concert party in Paisley Abbey who praised the club highly.

I agree with Dougie --I am a member of the "Pro-life " gym in Paisley who have popular "Spinning classes". JWCC could pick up plenty of "raw talent" if gyms were advertised in!!

Declan.