09h30 Sunday 7th Dec

David J

Hi David,

Unfortunately I won't be out this weekend, got some other plans but hope to be out next weekend all going well!! Definately in need of building up some decent miles myself as I'm planning to do the Marmotte in July next year :madashell .

Don't know if any of the usual suspects will be out at 9.30 am. I'm sure they will post here if heading out. Should also be some folks in the 9.15 group heading out.

See ya.

Lesley

Lesley that's an admirable philosophy!

More to life than bikingand the Marmotte training can be fairly compact any way!

Anyone fancy 3 hours, not particularly technical, from 9 am off road up the West Highland Way? Kenny?

post soon or phone me on 0141-563-8508

ss

Yes chap.

I will have some of that, sounds good. Get you at 9am at your place?

Ah Kenny, much more exciting than that! We were pootling along through the lanes in the middle of I know not where, when I was attacked by a couple of sheepdogs :shock: - one of them getting his grubby chops into my calf!

The farmer's wife patched me up a bit and then Jim, Frank, David and myself headed homewards and I hobbled along to the Victoria Infirmary where they have cleaned me up, redressed the wound and asked me to come back on Wednesday to see if they want to give me any stitches.

The joys of cycling! :grin:

Many thanks for the support of Jim, Frank and David (who nursed me all the way back to Barrhead).

Looks like a short layoff the turbo midweek and see how it's healing up come the weekend!

Mow't like a bit of excitement on a Sunday morning - who wants to come out next week? ;-)

Hope the leg gets better soon!

You will need to take a course in creative writting - I would have described it as "a viscious assault by a pack of blood thirsty wolves"!!! It sounds much more dramatic! The quote of the day was from the farmer who said in his dogs defence that "not many people come down this way".....

PS I have consulted expert legal opinion and I think you could get that dog done for racially aggrevated assault!