Mudgaurd amnesty 2008

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Yup its that time of the year again. :uzi

Mudgaurds must be fitted to bikes of any rider wishing to take part in winter club runs , deadline for fitting will be Sunday October 26th.

Mudgaurds are required to eliminate spray into faces of riders riding in bunches and are fitted as a mark respect to other members.

Please do not turn up after this date without muddies fitted to bikes.

New members will be allowed to ride for 2 weeks without muddies.

Respect all our members and ensure a spray free ride Oh ya dancer !

:grin: race blades were accepted last winter season, they seem to reduce spray on following riders but still get the rider of the machine to which they are fitted pretty moist, especially from the front wheel :cry: john duffy was doing a good deal last year and appears to have the knack of fitting the guards to the impossible.. :!: even the tightest of frames. ian.

• Members

Race blades are acceptable as some guys like to use full carbon summer bikes in the winter :roll:

Plus some people bring bike to clubrooms in cars and fit muddies on when assembling.

It would be best if people used full muddies if possible ;-) to ensure comfort for all. So race blades are better than nothing but not recommended if full guards can be fitted to bike :-? clear as mud :-o

ps looking at size of bunch this morning its going to be a busy winter Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Kenny

hopefully Simon the techno geek Simpson advised you during last Sundays ride how to fit muddies . If not , here goes :- you can buy special metal ( plastic coated) U clips which fit round fork and rear stays. Mudgaurds are attached to them. They can be bought from most bike shops, our Sponsor Dooleys has them and Graeme Herd can advise how to fit.

A cautionary tale !! dont tie wrap muddies onto carbon forks as one member did for his rides to work.

At end of winter when he removed tie wraps the carbon had been rubbed thru 3/4 of the way round fork blade , leaving a hole you could put your finger thru. :shock:

REMINDER TO ALL RIDERS THIS SUNDAY THE MUDDIE POLICE WILL BE DOING SPOT CHECKS

Kenny

hopefully Simon the techno geek Simpson advised you during last Sundays ride how to fit muddies . If not , here goes :- you can buy special metal ( plastic coated) U clips which fit round fork and rear stays. Mudgaurds are attached to them. They can be bought from most bike shops, our Sponsor Dooleys has them and Graeme Herd can advise how to fit.

A cautionary tale !! dont tie wrap muddies onto carbon forks as one member did for his rides to work.

At end of winter when he removed tie wraps the carbon had been rubbed thru 3/4 of the way round fork blade , leaving a hole you could put your finger thru. :shock:

REMINDER TO ALL RIDERS THIS SUNDAY THE MUDDIE POLICE WILL BE DOING SPOT CHECKS

Hi, aye there was some discussion regarding mudguards as it goes. I am trying to sell my bike at the moment in order to get myself a dedicated winter bike.

I need something that has mudguard clearance. I don't fancy the blades or trying to make standard pair fit.

Thanks for the pointer regarding the carbon forks :shock: I have had a simliar issue with a carbon frame and seatpost, having overtightened the seat bolt :oops: