Brockets Brae tli Vets & Seniors 27-5-07

Guest Jim Daly

Guest Jim Daly

Paul and I took part in Spider Nugents spectacularly wet and cold race today.

See tli LINK for a barely accurate and semi-independent report on both races:

http://www.scottish-tli.com/6202.html

In summary, both Paul McDonald and I won the Vets race from the front and from the outset. After a lap and a quarter we were 2 minutes clear.

Rumours that we immediately headed off to Gretna Green to cement the relationship have been grossly exaggerated.

Jim

• 2023 Subscriptions

This was a good one from a JWCC viewpoint. There were 2 races, an over 40 and under 40 - with the exception being Davy G who went in the youngsters race and duly won it.

There were about 25-30 riders in the over 40. I attacked in the first mile to get a heat after the hailstones on the ride out to the start. Jim quickly joined me and we put our heads down. The bunch chased for about 10 miles and the gap was not growing, I was beginning to think it was a suicide move but I knew we were about to turn on to twisty roads where it was the old adage of out of site out of mind and the elastic snapped. We rode a 2 up to the finish and rolled over together (but not in the biblical sense)

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Extra banana today Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Guest Jim Daly

The times on the tli results page show that Paul and I were only 62 seconds behind Gravy Dibson indicating that we might not have been too far away from him and the Popestar had we entered the slightly more youthful event. :shock:

Jim :smash

well done the joansin.

what a mingin day....i saw you two take off up the road....then a wee chase group formed towards abington...i prefered the relative warmth of the bunch(not)

caught sight of 2 yellow dots towards the wiston turn off...never saw them again after that :lol:

2 mins down at the start of lap 2 was enough to cause my head to fall off....well cheered up when i clapped eyes on the spread the E.K guys an gals laid on....burp!

hope we left you's something...

see you's sunday at straiton :smash

Guest Jim Daly

TLI have revised the race timing:

Sadly, more believable figures now show us 10minutes behind Davie G. :-?

Still, at least the photos posted for the Wheelers are far more flattering...

Jim :lol: