wahoo

iain couttie

• Life Members

Iain, I think Alan Mclean, Martin M & Glen uses Wahoo, so they should be able to give feedback!

In terms of power meter, I’m sure it’ll work, it’s through “ant” compatibility usually, isn’t it!

Not so sure about the Garmin HR strap though!

Hope that helps :-)

13 minutes ago, chung said:

Iain, I think Alan Mclean, Martin M & Glen uses Wahoo, so they should be able to give feedback!

In terms of power meter, I’m sure it’ll work, it’s through “ant” compatibility usually, isn’t it!

Not so sure about the Garmin HR strap though!

Hope they helps :-)

I have a wahoo heart rate monitor, I’m sure it will be fine, picks up my stages power meter fine also. I have the element which is great

• 2023 Subscriptions

Iain

I changed from the Garmin to Wahoo a few months ago. Find  it a lot better than the Garmin. It is easy to sink with all your power meters, sensors, heart rate etc. You can also set up the displays on your phone for displays on TT for separate displays. You also do not need to down load maps if you are abroad as it does this automatically.

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 9/1/2018 at 11:39 AM, iain couttie said:

i am thinking of changing to a wahoo instead of Garmin. Thoughts! also will the wahoo read my Garmin heart strap and left hand crank power meter

Haven't got as hi tech as HR and power yet so can't comment on those. Never used a Garmin to compare, but wahoo very good. Can customise screen between 6 lines of info all the way to 1 line of VERY BIG PRINT so ideal for the more mature cyclist. 

Battery life good, phone app good.