Sunday 26th Aug - La Marmmot Argyll

• Life Members

Hi All,

I thought since a lot of the chaps will be riding some hills :-) over in France this Sunday, it would be good to show solidarity with our brothers of the 32T sprockets, that we would do some hills also to feel their pleasure & pain!

The plan is to head North of the Bridge towards Kilcreggan & do some of the climbs over there, you know the usual - Colport, Whistlfield, Glen Fruinn etc. ........ maybe even that nasty one after Kilcreggan, when Iain McGinty took us up last time we were over there (but I can't recall exactly which left turn)

Exactly how we play this, I haven't got an exact sequence yet, but we will fine tune it on the day :-)

Anyway, 9am clubroom meet/start or 9.40-ish at the Bridge, I just hope there's still folks in Glasgow that want to go out on a ride, otherwise, it'll be a solo run for me :-)

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Oh dear, forecast looking a bit damp for tomorrow :-/ thought it might change ....... still time though!

Anyway, I posted therefore I shall ride!

Looks like it’ll be just Glen & me ...... better than a solo one for sure!

9am club room it is then, Glen!

Rain coat & mudguards type of ride - pure Scottish summer ...... hurrah :-)

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members
57 minutes ago, Colin McPhee said:

I’ll check in the morning but more than likely I’ll be on Zwift 

Nae worries, Colin!

Most likely a tweak on route/destination, probably staying local rather than head over the river, so no meeting at the bridge unless weather better than forecast!

Will confirm for sure tomorrow morning if passing the bridge!

Cheers

• Life Members

The pair of us - Glen & myself left Johnstone headed towards Stewarton via Bowfield & Lugton, then over to Fenwick for the Moscow circuit before coming back out onto the A77. 

Decided to head into Whitelee wind farm for a wee coffee stop, good call!

But starting again was horrible as the wind & rain had turned for the worst when we came back out, lucky we were heading home by then!

90 wet km for me :-/ Still, much better than sulking in the house if I hadn’t gone out :-)

Full winter bike with mudguards in August is the norm in West of Scotland I guess!

Thanks for the company & wheel today, Glen!

Hopefully my Kit will be dry in time for next Sunday’s photo shoot in Amaretto :-)

Cheers