track league 18 october

• 2023 Subscriptions

Couldn't seem to get going this week. Dismal results, finishing near the back in all the races, not even feeling competitive. Meh!

Good result for Ian in his points race though.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Felt really heavy legged in the warm up. First was a 12 lap scratch still not really feeling it and finished 6th so not too bad. Next a 30 lap split happened late on but i was too far back to get over to it. Won the bunch sprint, either 5th or 6th in the race. After that points, couple of us off the front after the first sprint, got a gap and kept rolling through the next (didnt contest it so was 2nd), a rider bridged over after this but they were knackered from the effort so it meant it disrupted things and slowed us, bunch almost back on terms close enough to allow another 3 bridge over. Next sprint i think im 4th, but put in a hard lap straight after and 3 of us are away again - by the last lap i manage to catch the bunch on the home straight and the other two are a bit behind. I'm pretty sure it is 20 points for lapping the field but a comm suggested otherwise...so 10 points for lapping the field but as no longer the head of the race i didnt win the last sprint (which has double points...so 10 for the win which would count more on countback if we were level). No idea if i actually won or not! I'll be a bit disappointed if i didnt in terms of the effort put in. Last the devil, usual tactic of going on the front but couple of others were trying to do the same thing so had to keep fighting for it...brutal pace but hung on and got 2nd in the end.

Legs felt poor all night but results were good, i just dont understand cycling!