Turbo Trainers

Alan Fox

Thinking of jumping on the Turbo bandwagon this year and am considering this offering from Halfords that is in my price range with a British Cycling discount also....

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/turbo-trainers/trainers/tacx-flow-t2240-smart-turbo-trainer

Seems to fit the bill with all the talk of Zwift.

Any comments / advice out there?

Thats the one I've just bought Alan. I use it on Zwift and the smart turbo function is excellent. Really easy to set up and the ant+ USB stick on the computer picked it up straight away. Zwift can use it as a smart turbo, or a smart turbo and power meter. (I use my own pedal power meter on zwift so didn't need that function.)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alan, I bought one and had a bad experience and ended up returning it. Halfords were very good and no issue at all to return so by all means have a go.

I was trying to use with Bluetooth and it had trouble connecting at times. It also dropped out during sessions. One night short of time I thought I'd jump on turbo and could not connect at all so that was last straw.

The other issue I had was that following the calibration procedure it was suggesting I had to keep tightening the tyre on to the roller. To the point where I thought I was going to break the plastic lever when I clamped on but it still said not tight enough. So I used it with the roller being allegedly 'too loose'

Meantime I have bought a first generation tacx ego flow with good old wired connection to display unit, And now I am a happy old Luddite !