Sunday 8th May

• 2023 Subscriptions

A relatively short route, Houston, Gleddoch, Port Glasgow, Kilmacolm, lochwinnoch road and cut off to Howwood, up the hill climb route to Bowfield, Gateside, Beith, Lochwinnoch and home on the cycle track. I reckon just upwards of 40 miles and over 2000 feet of up.

9:15 at the clubhouse.

Caution: May contain hills.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Excellent wee run today. 10 left the clubhouse and worked round to Gleddoch. 4 of us opted to descend into Langbank and come back up onto the port Glasgow Road behind the rest of the bunch, and we re-grouped there before we got to Port Glasgow. Then it was left to head for Kilmacolm and Lochwinnoch, again with 5 turning off to Howwood and the hill climb route to Bowfield, then Gateside, Beith, Lochwinnoch and home on the track. Around 57.8 miles and 3648 vertical feet for me. Good company and a thoroughly enjoyable, lumpy route.

After leaving the bunch before Gateside, Alan F and me headed through Barmill to Kilwinning and back up Route 7 to Lochwinnoch.

Sun came out at the end. Needn't have used the winter bike!

61 miles and no cafe stop - shocking!!!!!!

Where were you Ritchie!