Super Saturday 5 March

• 2023 Subscriptions

Track racing on the 5th of March

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/143060/Scottish-Cycling-s-Super-Saturday-2

It's regional C+ so that means there are BC licence points available and the organisers are also hoping to have a prize fund as well

However at the moment it is in danger of being cancelled due to a lack of entries - they are going to make the call end of this week, so if you fancy entering better do so soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

With the prize money and BC points up for grabs things were a bit more serious than a normal track league with lots of discs and 5 spokes being brought out and riders from further away than normal taking part - from as far away as Brighton and team from Northern Ireland. Unfortunately all this talent was in the B group rather than the As and to make matters worse a few As had dropped down to the Bs too presumably thinking there was going to be rich pickings. First was a Keirin, i didnt really race it just rolled around at the back, next was an olympic devil much faster than normal and also pretty aggressive, made it to about half way.  Next was points,  guy out in front solo mopped up 2 or 3 of the sprints there was a fair bit of blocking and disrupting the chase from his team mates one of whom got DQd  i managed to get a 2nd in one of the sprints but that was all. Last was a scratch, attacked early, 2 man break for about 5 laps got caught, couple of laps later attacked again was on my own for a bit then 6 or 7 bridged hard pace ended up only 4 of us left for the sprint but i was done by then and had nothing left and finished 4th. Out the prize money but pleased with how i did there and it should mean the first points of the season :)