track league 28 October

• 2023 Subscriptions

Fun night in the Bs, started with a short 12 lap scratch - i dont normally like short races at the start of the night when everyones legs are fresh however it went alright with a 2nd. Next was a devil, almost came down with hooked bars going round the bend but fortunately kept upright (luck on my part skill on the other guys part) then after that was boxed in. Actually i'd been boxed in for most of the race, its definitely the hardest race to go up against youths and juniors in. Next was points - 30 laps with sprints every 10, which is IMO a bit short for a points race. Tried a break but it was too early and then missed the (solo) break when it went, he got a lap on most of the field. Last another scratch, again tried to get a break but it wasnt happening. With a few laps to go i noticed my bartape was unwrapping slightly and looked down and the bar end stopper had   fallen out so thought i'd better stay out of trouble as a handlebar core sample would be rather sore i suspect.

Well done to Matti and Hamish with their first appearance in the Bs, consistently in the mix and getting on the podium too, the Jets conveyor belt of talent continues!

• 2023 Subscriptions

A welcome return to track league after a six month break. Found it quite hard, but took part in all the races and didn't bomb out in any of them. What is that 15 minute interval for? All it does is let the riders get cold. I'd rather they used the time for more laps or an earlier finish. /endrant