Zwift open Beta

PaulL

• 2023 Subscriptions

I know It's meant to be Summerish but I am sure some people with time constarints will do some turbo training over the summer. If so check it out http://www.zwift.com/ its open beta at the moment and FREE to everyone. You need some ant+ devices (power meter is best) and a USB ant+ dongle(£10 on amazon) and a computer.  

I't is great fun actually riding against other people at home, drafting(reduces the amount of watts you need to stay behind them) and hills which take into account your real weight. I had a real sweat on and was going for sprints badly and being caught on hills(just like reality) makes a break from sufferfest etc.

If we get enough people on we could have a virtual club run haha, maybe first CC in Scotland to have virtual club runs  ;) anyhow if you get on look me up

(oh and Jens Voigt uses it but have yet to bump into him on the island)

Cheers

Paul

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yeah need to unlink the strava thing, had an email from a friend asking what the hell I was doing in the south Pacific riding my bike!

You can use cadence and speed ant+ if you have it ;)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Paul, this sounds like a lot of fun, if I ever get organised I might try and get on it. You seem to be technically in the know so thought easier to ask you a simple question - do you know if my (prehistoric) tacx flow has ant+ ? It has power measurement but is the generation before the generation in the clubrooms!

Cheers