Track league 25th March

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Numbers down so only 1 B group. First a 35 lap scratch, was quite stop-start with alot of bunching and alot of fresh legs for the sprint. i was boxed in so didnt do anything in the sprint. Think Danny won. Next was a 40 lap points, a breakaway was shaping up before the 2nd sprint so got in that and tried to push the pace but that fizzled out then Danny and someone else attacked and they almost got the lap, didnt quite make it but got a good haul of points from 2 of the sprints so some impressive riding. Then it was an Italian pursuit, no idea how my group got on. Last up was a longest lap race - i opted not to take part though, id already fallen off my rollers earlier in the evening so thought it was just asking for trouble!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Reduced numbers this week saw the B2 group split between the C's and the B1's, meaning some youths in amongst our cosy C group. The Points race started with waves of attacks, which I stayed with until the sprint lap, then got blown out. Managed to get back in touch for the second sprint, but just hanging onto the back of the lead group. It got a bit horrible after that when I got stuck solo between the lead group and the chasers for about 10 laps, eventually getting lapped by the lead group and finishing in the middle of the chasing pack. Very quick. Kind of the same story for the 25 lap scratch race. Finished off with an Italian pursuit race. I was quite happy to be at third wheel and let the fast boys do all the work at the end.

Fast night all round.