MyLaps timing

• 2023 Subscriptions

Interesting stuff Ian, the points races are likely not included as the winner is not the first over the line or the fastest lap etc. It would still be interesting to see though for data geeks !

Also from a programming point of view it would surely be quite easy to assign points on the specified laps and make a table of how many points were gained. But that would require someone to allocate the points laps etc.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Do you know if this facility is going to be available for open sessions, Iain, a la Manchester?

Apparently at the moment they are just testing and also showing commissaires how to work the system but that it might be an option in the future for riders to have their own chips to use for racing and drop ins.

I suspect, as with most things velodrome related, Glasgow Life will be a barrier to this being adopted quickly!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Don't think I'd be getting carried away thinking mylaps was going to be in use at the velodrome regularly. My understanding is that Wed night was part of training for comms and race organisers for both track and road for clubs like the jets. We have used mylaps in our Bella crits for the last couple of years. In those cases Bob McFarlane of SC worked the system for us, but now SC want to lend us the kit to use ourselves.

SC has a set, Glasgow Life has another (which we have also borrowed).