Track league 25th Feb

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Fun night in B1. First was a points race, think i got 4th in the 1st sprint then went for the next one...which was a terrible move as for some reason i thought the sprint was at 26 laps, not 24. D'oh!  I didnt get that then just hung on. Next was a 16 lap scratch, went a lap too early and ended up just leading out the sprint then getting nowhere. Last was a 35 lap scratch. I was conscious of not going too early but ended up leaving it too late and ended up 4th. 

Well done to Alan in the Cs, a 2nd place in the points race with his tactics of leaving it to the later sprints really paying off.

• 2023 Subscriptions

C group was a little smaller this week. The 12 lap sprint was fine, not even breathing heavily for 10 laps then it took off, and I went backwards finishing mid bunch. Points race next, didn't contest the first sprint, just tried to stay in touch, went for the second and realised on turn 4 it wasn't going to happen, then took a 4th in the next sprint and 1st in the final sprint. That felt really good. The last race was fine. I joined an attack 6 laps from the finish only for the rest of the attack to fade within a lap. Burst.

Good fun tonight.