Track league 11th feb

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Enjoyable night in B1. First up 40 lap points, wasnt really in the race until about 6 laps to go when i attacked, ended up getting a good gap which was quickly closed down with a couple of laps to go but managed to hold it off on the line. However didnt get enough points for it to matter. Next a 16 lap scratch, couple of riders attacked from the gun, one of them only lasted a few laps and the other was about a half lap ahead. I was sure he was going to be brought back so i was too lazy and let others close it down while i was thinking about the sprint - however too many others were thinking the same so he managed to stay away. I was badly positioned for the sprint anyway so didnt make any difference. Last was an Olympic devil, rode it from the front for all but 1 lap until there were 3 of us left but by then had nothing left and quickly went backwards. However pleased with that considering my recent record in devils.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Found the C group tough tonight. Faded badly in the 12 lap sprint ( won by our own Mr. McLean), picked up 2 points in the last sprint in the points race and 3rd out in the devil. My legs just wouldn't spin up tonight.

• Committee

I knew if I made enough stupid suicide attacks one would pay off. First in scratch after attacking with 2.5 laps to go. Also 2nd in devil after sitting at the front for 24 laps, a tactic which works for someone with no sprint. Highly recommended coaching point.

Fine performance from the Jets in the youth/junior groups. Danny was podiumed out and the girls were  very strong amongst some really fast boys but could not quite hold on past about 20 laps of eyeballs out racing.