New saddle

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi All

I know saddles are very personal things etc but I am looking about for a new one and I wondered if anyone in the club had tried any of these below. Or any other recommendations would be welcome - my criteria are comfort, but not armchair size, and good value ( no more than £80).

Looking at these:

Prologo scratch

Selle Italia flyte max ( gel or not)

Selle Italia SLR max

Cheers

Darryl

Hi Darryl,

I've used Specialzed Toupe saddles for years but I would still get a bit numb after a while so recently tried a Selle Italia Superflow SLR.

It was comfy and got rid of the numbness....but...I think the cut out was too wide for me and the bits of me on the inside of my sit bones seemed to get squashed into the gap if that makes sense?

I'd end up with painful soft tissue damage after a ride so it's back to the Toupe.

I had to take the chance of the saddle not being for me and sold it.

Good luck!

I used a Specialized Toupe for a year and was/am very happy with it. Only changed it to use the saddle which came with my Scott Foil 20 which I think is a re-badged Selle and is also very comfortable so did not swop in the Toupe.