30-Milers & Intermediates - 6th July

BoydJohnston

• 2023 Subscriptions

I was thinking of a run of similar length to last week, but over the water, following a route that Chung found, taking us out to Bonhill, Croftamie, Killearn, Fintry, Lennoxtown, Strathblane, and Milngavie. I did this run earlier in the week and it is mostly very quiet roads with some cycle track. It takes in the Crow Road from the easier side and there's a cafe stop at Clachan of Campsie.

09:00 at Miller St or 09:30 at the bridge.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great run today with a group of nine - Chung, Richie, Allan, Peter, John, Paul, Len, Bill and myself - with over 75 miles for most of us, and a lot more for some. Only one mechanical - yours truly making a mess of fixing a p******. Enjoyable cake stop in Clachan of Campsie - well-earned rest after the Crow Road. Thanks for all the help and support guys.

Another great day on the bike! Given the forecast I thought we'd get wet at some point but no, sunny all the way...what a summer.

Boyd, thank you for planning the route and the guided tour of the Drum and Clydebank on the way back to the bridge. Good to see some people I haven't seem for a while and meet the guys from Royal Albert CC from Larkhall. Bill was miffed that their bikes weren't red, white & blue!

We even had the bonus of meeting Chung's wife and son at the café stop and get the other side of the 'bollard incident'!

Great day indeed. Thankfully no rain as expected.

A few hills and nearly 90 on the clock means the legs are a bit tired.

I remember Len telling me his legs were tired until we were doing a chaingang along the track and he was powering along at the front! :grin:

Thought I'd make the Dunoon run but working the next 2 Sundays :-(

Cheers for the day.

See you soon