Katrine Kapers Revival 200 km Audax, Saturday 21st June

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'm planning to do this Audax which starts from Bridge of Weir, and is the day before Milport.

Any company would be welcome, it might be a one for anyone who doesn't fancy the racing on Cumbrae. As the name suggests the route includes Loch Katrine and places in that direction such as Callander and Fintry.

Entry closes on 11th June, here's a link to it: http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/14-204/

• 3 weeks later...
  • Life Members

I managed a late entry into this event thanks to Graham Hanley (the organiser), I have fond memory of this event since this was my very first audax I did back in 2005 when it was organise by "Triking Dave" of the JWCC. So, I was happy to relive the memory again plus the route was very attractive indeed!

An early start yesterday with a few Joansins - Graham F, Campbell Hutcheson & Ironman Campbell along with 2 dozens or so Audaxer ventured North of the river. It wasn't a good start for Ironman as his freehub packed in just meters after the start, luckily a lift home for a back wheel change meant he could carry-on the ride only with the slightest delay. I suppose if it was going to happen, then it's better to be near home!

Along the way, we picked up Big Al Yullie at the bridge but no sign of Simon Simpson :-)

The 4 of us - Campbell H, Graham F, Al & myself rode in our wee group making good progress. We had to since we had THREE cafe stops, one in Callander, then Inversnaids & finally Aberfoyle. The stop at Inversnaid Bunk house was a new one for us, the soup & sandwich deal which the organizer made with the owner which cost us a fiver was hard to beat! :-)

So it was a magnificent day of cycling with lots of sandwiches, rolls, soup, tea, coffee, cakes & splendid company along the way!

Oh, and with 205km & 7000ft of climbing by the time we got back to BoW with more tea & coffee, even a plate of vegetable curry was on offer too!

Thanks for the wheels chaps & Al constant blether! ;-)

Hope to do this again next year, a great route indeed!

Cheers

Chung

KATRINE KAPERS REVIVAL

WHAT A START FREE WHEEL GOES AT THE FIRST CORNER. THEN THE WALK BACK UP TO THE START WERE, GRAEME OFFERED TO RUN ME TO MY HOUSE IN KILBARCHAN.

NEW WHEEL, TYRE & CASSETTE FITTED & BACK ON THE ROAD FOR 09:45, See me? See happy? I HAD TO BE AT THE FIRST CHECK POINT FOR 11:35 AT THE LATEST MADE IT FOR 11:10 SO I WAS STILL IN ON THE RUN. OF TO CALENDAR NICE EASE RUN, ARRIVING CALENDAR IN THE SUN A QUICK LUNCH AND OF STILL TO SEE MY FIRST RIDER ON THE ROAD IT WAS OF TO LOCH KATRINE & ROUND THE LOCH IT’S NOT GOT ANY FLATTER THAT LOCH ROAD. ON THE ROAD TO INVERSNAID I SEE SOME RIDERS FOR THE FIRST TIME. IN GETTING TO THE BUNKHOUSE CHECK POINT THEIRS A FEW RIDERS HER IT’S A QUICK HI TO THE 4 JWCC & I AM OF AGENE QUICK STOP IN ABERFOYLE. OVER THE PIPE TRACK ROAD TO DRYMEN WHICH WAS THE LAST CHECK POINT THERE AT 16:30. LEGS ARE STARTING TO FEEL IT A BIT NOW SO OF TO THE BRIDGE AND HOME TO BRIDGE OF WERE FOR 18:30. NICE CURRY AT THE FINISH THEN OF TO MY ELDEST’S DAUGHTERS BBQ PARTY, THAT I WAS THE COOK AT. GOT TO BED FOR 02:00 IN THE MORNING AFTER A FEW CIDERS Ya-a-aawwnnn .

CAMPBELL

PS CAMPBELL H. HEARD YOU MET MY YOUNGER DAUGHTER ON THE SUNDAY, IT’S A SMALL WORLD.