Sunday 8th December - o'er the watter tae Sinclair Street

Mark O

• Life Members

Without further call offs due to buggered boilers, suspect weather forecast & mis-placed MOJOs, 6 of us (Colin, Alan Fox, AllanM, Ian (Jan Ulrich), Paul L & myself) met at Red Smiddy for a wee run all the way to Helensburgh.

Nice bunch riding with only small drizzles at times, not the heavy rain some folks were saying :-)

Alan took the sprint into Helensburgh with Colin claiming the KOM up Sinclair street, by a country mile I may add, I thought he's suppose to be in zone 2?!

A welcome coffe stop in the Corrie cafe in Balloch was much needed also to dry up the gear a bit!

After that a wee blast back to the bridge aided by some sort of tail wind ....... nice!

Left the guys before the bridge to make my way home via leafy Westend of Glasgow. I struggled all the bloody way up the A77 with a total headwind, home now stuffing my face with 105k (65 miles in old money) in the bag!

Thanks again to my fellow cyclist for the wheels to follow & great company!

Cheers

Chung

P.S Can we have some new excuses (sorry...... I mean reasons) for next week please! ;-)

• Life Members

Dear Richie,

You are obviously suffering from SAD. This can be treated by splashing out on some new kit.

I checked with Pactimo & they can do you a nice onesie in JWCC Colours-

Just the thing for a cosy Sunday morning, watching the hollyoaks omnibus.

They don't do washing up gloves tho so you'll have to stick with your pink ones.

George,

As you know, we need minimum 5 per items, so Ritchie will have to get 4 other interested party or get 5 for him self!

Isn't a skinsuit a cycling onesie? ;-)

Cheers

• Life Members

It's not the rain for me. My mojo seems to have gone south for the winter.

Weekend off. Wife happy for me to go out but it's me who doesn't want to!

Answers on a postcard!! :(

Ritchie,

Can I recommend you read this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rules-The-Way-Cycling-Disciple/dp/1444767518

You'll get your mojo back in no time, in fact you'll never lose it again ......... ever! ;-)

Chung

George/Chung,

SAD indeed. I went from the great highs of winning a 30 into Largs and, for a short time at least, jumping above McBagel on a flat segment :)

to the massive low of finding any excuse not to pedal :(

I'd wear the onesie if it was Assos made and I stopped watching Hollyoaks when Elize du Toit left.

Nobody quite has her, er, on screen 'presence'!

Ritchie,

Spit dummy, chuck rattle, endulge in tantrum and anything else you need to - purchase new bike wooooooo!!!!! to get over the hump. Then don assos onesie and get out and just ride your bike - not fast, not far but just ride. You're suffering from bedtosheditis and looking for reasons not to ride. Been there and done that, as I'm sure most of us have at one point or another. As unpalatable as it is you just have to get on with it. Start looking for reasons to ride rather than reasons not to.

Now tuck in the petted bottom lip, stop looking at strava and meditate on rule #5.