ARRAN AGAIN - SAT 3RD AUGUST

P McDonald

Guest HughMcGrade

Sorry Paul, I don't think I'm going to be able to do this. I'm working at 3 so the 11.05 ferry would be fine but if we don't make that one it will be too late.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well it was done, there are 2 new inductees to the Arran Circuit roll of honour, chapeau Billy and Ross!

Started out as Keystone Cops, Ross texted me at 5.30am to say he had a puncture, so we left Lochwinnoch about 6am and rode into the stronger than expected headwind, so just getting to the ferry was a 'challenge'.

Then Ross pedal unwound itself outside the ticket office and we found it on the path.

Then Billy came walking along with a back wheel puncture and a glass rip ruined tyre - we borrowed scissors on the boat and shored up the tyre with inner tube enough to do the run.

BUT the coup de gras was surely Colin. He gave Billy a lift down and although Billy walked along and caught the ferry Colin managed to ride along as we were parting and the ferry guys would not wait !! Something about his car clock being wrong !? HAMMOCK AWARD MATERIAL.

Anyway, me, Billy, Ross and David T set out and whilst David was dieseling along he succumbed to back pain and headed over the string. Meantime Ross had to stop and tighten his pedal a couple of times as well as losing the big ring due to pathetic bike maintenance for the last 10 miles.

Billy and I totally cruised it with no issues whatsoever.

Arrived back at ferry with a record 12 minutes or so to spare.

Magnifique. Might propose another date if there is enough interest before end of season for the wannabees Iain, Colin and Andy.

:)

Ohyadancer!