Trossachs

Sean Gray

there where Three of us at Aberfoyle this morning, (Bottlers included Kat,Andy Mac and wee Alison) But Daryl no 13, Jim D no 33 and Myself made the journey into the Highlands

Nothing much race wise to report the usual "Hell on earth" course made the taste of blood at the back of your throat somehow familiar, but then over the top and try and get some speed up on the downhill, "no chance" have you seen the hairpins!! then onto the Brig 'O' turk another shorter climb but still enough to recindle the acid in your legs, at that point i personally go into the "I dont know where i am state and just ride until someone with a Flo Bib says otherwise" i can remember bypassing Calander then you think i'm getting close to the end and things look up, but the reason your looking up is because the "Braes Of Greenock" are in front of you and there they are the flobibs and guess where ther pointing, Vertically!! so up you go thinking the "dukes pass" was bad enough Big JJ Harris wouldn't throw in another 1st Cat climb in just for good measure. As you climb, searching for more gears, cursing big JJ with every spare breath you have, it doesn't seem that bad until you climb over the false summit "screams could be heard from cyclist for most of the morning", then over the top and onto thornhill, disaster struck (know not another puncture) Daryl Mac G had came a cropper and hit the tarmac/grass verge at max speed he looked a "bit groggy" when i seen him surrounded by marshalls/helper/medics etc. he was later taken of to stirling hospital (I hope he is O.K).

Then on to the 6 mile finishing rollercoaster, up and down, up and down, spectators and bike riders shouting words of encouragement, then it came to me mabye Daryl had the right idea, O.K he must be in Horrific pain but his pain is over why add to it, by now he should be so full of painkillers, but there was nowhere to fake injury and i couldn't have another Puncture could I ?? there where to many people having great delight at the unfortunates on the road with numbers on there back, anyway got to finish and finished with a 1:18:15 which is a personal by 2:30 and was seemingly not bad when i left, didn't get jim D's time, hope Drayl is O.K , and hope to see more JWCC riders there next year, it's not that bad!! Roll on next year!!!

:) hope darryl's bike is ok :wink:

mysel 'n' andy mac rode the course on the friday.

the drag at the back of callander had me wondering when it would finish,

as you said all those false summits.

juddery ole rd surface after thornhill,that must have been an energy sapper.

respect to you guys.i thought it was tough and we toured round it with a sweetie stop in callander.(don't mention my toastie feet andy)

i obviously haven't been trying hard enough"taste of blood in the back of ones throat*

i don't think i've experienced that.

• Members

Mr MacGunson decided to experience heading through a thorn hedge and headbutting a fence during the race. Subsequently he is on liquids for a couple of weeks whilst the stitches in his mouth heal up .

He will post the full story in due course , meantime may I be first to wish him a speedy recovery.

ps he has a corima carbon wheel jigsaw for sale , comes in an asda bag!!

Guest darryl

Nice report Sean. Nothing much to add except that I lost control at full speed on a corner. I'm ripped to shreds and the bike is knackered. It'll take me a couple of weeks till I'm right.

Good to see old Harry today at home - cheered me up no end - and glad that you've a partner for next week.

cheers for now

Darryl