Accident report

Stevie Blom

Ok i thought i had seven lives with the amount of crashes and Knock down i have had .............

Scott Donaldson was out on his bike over Aberfoyle way , next hing he knows he is in the A&E chattin up the nurses :shock:

Scott here was knocked down by an oncoming vehicle.

Thankfully his Legs of steel where not affected at all by this terible ordeal.

However the Dr Tells him that he has to stay aff his Machine for 3 weeks........

So what now scott?? what you going to do man?

Watch T.V. Man and have a good look at your C40 and think to yourself i want to ride you?

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

You could however go and watch the cycling at the velodrome as your not that far?

What do you think Dougie??? Can he stay aff his bike for 3 weeks???

Hope you recover mate!

Stevie B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Stevie

The nice old lady who sideswiped me at the roundabout came out with the classic line "I never saw you son".

I visited her today with my repair list fresh from Alastair Gow, and almost immediately she talked about "oh that cant be right.. £100 for wheels. I will be contesting this in court".

Heres a question for the audience...

At this point do you think I said

A) I will pursue you in court until you pay every last penny

or

B) Thats ok grandma. How about we call it £2.50 and a packet of your Werther's Originals

I've got the Gold license from the BCF, so I will be calling their lawyers tomorrow. I've already been told that I could wait over a year to get my money :cry:

Do you think there is any point contacting the police to investigate a claim for driving without due care and attention? I was going straight ahead at a roundabout (with right of way) when she took me out from the side. Police have already taken a report. There are no witnesses other than me and the other driver.

Apart from strain to my calf (might be off for a few weeks, but will still attend the D2 race as a spectator if necessary next saturday) just cuts and bad bruising.

Always wear a helmet ! Mine is trashed, but better that than my skull.

Scott

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

• 2023 Subscriptions

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Very bad luck Scott, - just when you were in form as well :angryfire:angryfire

At least you're ok, the bits can get replaced, unlike your skull.

I know you always look on the positive side and its true that an enforced rest is the best thing you can do sometimes.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Scott,I reckon you were at the side of the road emptying your bladder and the old yin laughed so hard that she side swiped you as she thought it was a fly on her screen!!!!!. On a serious note,speak to the cops,get their advice and then most likely BCF. You must follow this up,if she had hit your car she would have to have her insurance pay up so get right in there. Dont take Stevie with you as it could end up like the sketch from Little Britain where the boy takes his mate to visit his gran and his mate takes a shine to her!!!!!!!!!. :shock:

Hey Dougie ,

Just you keep those secrets what i get up to over the weekend to yourself mate!

;-);-);-);-)Oh ya dancer !

Minted weekend tho :smash

Scott report this as i bottled out of it the last few times and its not worth someone at fault getting away with nearly taking your life.

Stevie B.

I'm glad it wasn't any worse Scott - hope you're better soon. I was run off the Georgetown road by a WH Malcolm truck on a bend on Monday. Fortunately it was onto a soft verge and the only damage was to my shorts (the inside!) but I was totally freaked out by it. (The letter's in the post - I'll let you know if I get a reply). I think you should pursue this to the highest court in the land - keep us informed of what happens.

Am I right in thinking that some of the helmet manufacturers offer a free replacement service if your helmet's trashed in an accident? Or did I just make that up?

All the best mate

Stephen H

Scott

Sorry to hear about your tumble.

My advice is follow it to the highest court in the land. "I didn't see you" just isn't good enough. A work mate got knocked off his bike on the way in to work the other month and the driver was charged with dangerous driving points, a fine and cost for bike repair etc. Make her pay - she should have insurance.

Gyro replaced my helmet for a small handling fee the other year after I bust it on Harry's hundred.

Good luck and enjoy the rest.

I was side swiped a couple of years ago, I went through the BCF lawyers and thought that they were brilliant..... It took about 6 months, but in the end I was paid in full and even was awarded a little personal injury money which I hadn't even claimed for.

Take plenty of pictures of the bike showing the damage done, pictures of the helmet etc as you can also claim for all damaged equipment and clothing.

I hope that you are recovering

Cheers

George

Hi Scott

Hope you get well soon, lucky you had your helmet on!

I seen a Halfwit the other day on his way to work without His Helmet On, on the Georgetown Road, where Steven was knocked off, It wouldn't be so Bad but this NUMPTY!! has already spent time in the RAH A&E !!!! with a previous head injury due to a crash on his way to work!!!

You will never guess who!!

Cheers

Sean.

No way man!!!!!!!!,who was it?,couldn't have been Stevie co's he was oot wi Big Jim and me on saturday and he was helmeted oot his nut!!!!!!.

Scott

how do you go about pursuing this?

Presumably there is now a crime reference number that you give to the BCF. If the police were at the scene and took details of the crash site etc then it should be apparent from the report what happened and the woman should be charged with a traffic offence. Do you have to contact the police to say that you wish to have the matter reported to the procurator fiscal and want charges to be brought to the driver? There should also be an A&E report and reference number that the BCF lawyers will probably want.

Lastly, did you get her insurance details? Presumably it is them that will pay the bill and therefore the matter should be brought to their attention, either by yourself or the BCF lawyers.

I think you should pursue this, although I appreciate that life is short, this may be a hassle and in the end will it make a difference? I think it will make a difference in quite a few ways - people will see it as an example and it may encourage them to report dangerous driving towards cyclists more often. It may pave the way for more complaints if you are subsequently able to offer more advice on how others can bring complaints. This woman will undoubtedly alter her behaviour in response to this incident, especially if she is charged.

Remember the brick throwing incident in Port Glasgow and the concerted effort that we all made to report the behaviour of the locals to the police? There was definitely a plus side to all that hassle.

In short I think it is worth it and I am keen to help in any way

Craig

Yip that rider(Halfwit - Numpty) was me awright.

Im glad you jumped on your pc to type that in maybe i will learn one day eh?

Anyway Good luck with the 10 on sunday at Stirling!

Maintain the Strain!

Stevie B. :oops:

Hey Dougie

you should see that Stevie Bloms' Texts, I wouldn't want to repeat what he was calling me Yesterday!!

Cheers

Sean

in the Blue corner!!!!!!

Oh ya dancer !:smash:smash:smash:smash

Seany Boy,was he telling you that your a big mincey heid and yer no worth the paper yer results were printed on?, :lol::lol: ,still you canny beat a bit o the banter. A helmet would only slow you down Stevie eh?,especially the size of one you would need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:Oh ya dancer !Hello, beer !!