30 milers Rothesay weekend 16/9

GreigS

Well here is my take on the 30 milers first race day what a cracking time i had so thanks to David , Carol , John , Graham , Andy , Ewen and Elaine the pace was fine to start with 23 mph for the first 5 miles or so then the dreaded hills came and yes i was the first to get dropped but who cares i took my shot at the front and i loved it so as for competing my day was over but i kept going like a true 30 miler :grin: i finally caight up with Carol just as the hilly bits were coming to an end and we done a 2 up back to the finish i loved every second of it and cant wait to do it again next year Oh ya dancer !

Thanks to the un organised bunch for not being anti social with us plenty of good laughs and meeting some new friends well done to Paul and Carol for winning prizes and Carol spent her winnings buying us a drink Hello, beer !!

Special mention to Elaine for going the wrong way again when she was so far in front of me but i will give her this victory as she was following a 15 year old and he didnt know the route either mabe i need to get her a garmin so she doesnt get lost again Stoooopid!

Thanks guys not much else to say except thanks for a great day with good company

Greig Hello, beer !!

Take it y'all got out of the station bar in time for the last train up the road?

Next year I'll try to keep up at the start and not be lulled into thinking the bunch in a "Novice" race might go at 18mph instead of the 25 you guys were doing. I was doing 22mph when you dropped me. Who cares - I got a PB anyway. :grin:

Thanks for the craic though.

Fiona

• 2023 Subscriptions

Looking foward to defending the auld yins title next year, and sorting out the tent already for the full weekend. Good to see so many wheelers at an awayday and the banter and laughs were non stop. Nice to have met Fiona and Ishbel and hope to see you out with the 30 milers sometime. Thanks Greig for helping me over the last few miles as I was almost pegging oot.

Carol Pendleton

Oh ya dancer !